G37x no start - No injector pulse

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
Infinitispeedx
Car: 2011 Infiniti g37X

I need help on my car. I've got a 2011 g37x 3.7. three weeks ago I was driving home and the car straight up died. Electrical works, but the engine won't crank over. I took it to the dealer and they said it "could" be a intake cam sprocket, with chain damage and it was 6 grand just to look into it with possibly needing na new engine for 13 grand.

My mechanic says it wants to start with ether (starting fluid) and that the codes generated might be from just trying to keep cranking it over. He tested everything from the power to the pump, to having fuel at the rail.. all fuses check out also.

Lastly, he says that there is no pulse on the fuel injectors and that is the primary reason for the no start.

Does anyone know where to start with diagnosing a no-pulse symptom or perhaps have had experienced this in the past? We are stumped & any help is greatly appreciated.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Infinitispeedx wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:32 am
I need help on my car. I've got a 2011 g37x 3.7. three weeks ago I was driving home and the car straight up died. Electrical works, but the engine won't crank over. I took it to the dealer and they said it "could" be a intake cam sprocket, with chain damage and it was 6 grand just to look into it with possibly needing na new engine for 13 grand.

My mechanic says it wants to start with ether (starting fluid) and that the codes generated might be from just trying to keep cranking it over. He tested everything from the power to the pump, to having fuel at the rail.. all fuses check out also.

Lastly, he says that there is no pulse on the fuel injectors and that is the primary reason for the no start.

Does anyone know where to start with diagnosing a no-pulse symptom or perhaps have had experienced this in the past? We are stumped & any help is greatly appreciated.
I find it amazing that both you and your so called mechanic does not follow the troubleshooting steps in the FSM?

http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual? ... an/2011/EC

Will the engine turn over with a good battery with the spark plugs removed?
If not then the dealer assessment was probably correct.
How often do you check your oil?
Did you run out of oil in the crankcase?
No pulse on the fuel injectors is the result of the engine not turning over.

"SYSTEM DESCRIPTION
The amount of fuel injected from the fuel injector is
determined by the ECM. The ECM controls the length of
time the valve remains open (injection pulse duration). T
he amount of fuel injected is a program value in the
ECM memory. The program value is preset by engine operating conditions. These conditions are determined
by input signals (for engine speed and intake air) from t
he crankshaft position sensor (POS), camshaft position
sensor (PHASE) and the mass air flow sensor

When my 1966 Volkswagen Beedle originally purchased in Germany while in the US Army suddenly died on the Grand Central Parkway in Jamaica Queens, NY I also had it towed to the VW dealer.
A valve had broken and fell into a cylinder. I don't recall the price to fix it but the dealer gave me $500 towards a brand new 69 VW that had an out the door price of $2050.
I returned the following day and drove out with a brand new VW very happy.
Check with the dealer how much they'll give you on a trade-in?

Telcoman

Infinitispeedx

Engine turns over with the plugs removed.
There is a sufficient amount of oil in the engine's crankcase.
I check my oil every other week

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Replace plugs.
If engine then fails to crank
Test battery for possible weak or dead cell
The starter requires substantial current draw from the battery
You can measure the voltage across the battery with a multi-meter

Telcoman

Infinitispeedx

We'll try this step come Monday.

Also, Without straying off too far,
Would having bad plugs/ weak cells in a battery still be a cause for the ECU to provide no injector pulse? There is 11.9v at the injector terminal.

Infinitispeedx

Changed out the battery and no game yet. There is still no pulse/ground on the injector. We have 12volts at the injector.

dw370z
Car: 2012 Nissan 370Z

Old thread but I am experiencing the exact same issue. What ended up being the problem?

telcoman

dw370z wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:26 am
Old thread but I am experiencing the exact same issue. What ended up being the problem?
A good place to start would be to first check for any codes and then refer to the FSM EC section for your vehicle.

https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... 2%2FEC.pdf

Good luck

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”