G37 seatbelts

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
plaj1958
Car: Infiniti G37

I am having terrible trouble with the driver seatbelt in my G37 convertible! I am a small woman, only 5'3" & weigh 125#. The seatbelt does not clear the strap well enough and gets caught in the groove between the seat & the strap that holds the belt, thus causing it to go slack on my body & not retract. I have had the car into my dealer 4 times & Infiniti Consumer Affairs has refused to do anything to fix the issue, which is clearly a design defect, at least for us smaller folks. Is anyone else having this issue???

cmesurf
Car: Infinitis, 03 FX35, 07 g35 sedan, 05 FX45, 09 G-vert & 14 Q50S Hybrid AWD

plaj1958 wrote:I am having terrible trouble with the driver seatbelt in my G37 convertible! I am a small woman, only 5'3" & weigh 125#. The seatbelt does not clear the strap well enough and gets caught in the groove between the seat & the strap that holds the belt, thus causing it to go slack on my body & not retract. I have had the car into my dealer 4 times & Infiniti Consumer Affairs has refused to do anything to fix the issue, which is clearly a design defect, at least for us smaller folks. Is anyone else having this issue???
There are two ITB s that may help : ITB00-031B and ITB11-012, CONVERTIBLE; PRE-TENSIONER SEAT BELT RETRACTOR
You need to have dealer need to do ITB11-012 work, this SERVICE INFORMATION is for
Replacement pre-tensioner seat belt retractors for 2009 – 2010 G37 Convertibles have been revised. The re-designed “D” ring is raised with a taller bolt and collar. When replacing a pre-tensioner seat belt retractor for any reason, adjustments for additional clearance will need to be made to the related rear side finisher.

Good Luck

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”