G37 or SUV?

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
vmhatup
Car: n/a

I would really like to buy a ‘09 or ‘10 G37, but I live in the Caribbean, and our roads have tons of potholes. These potholes aren't deep, but there's lots of them.

I personally prefer sedans, but I'm not sure when, or if, I should consider a car with a higher ground clearance.

Many people are buying small SUVs, but they are just so ordinary. The nicer ones are just too expensive. I understand that the SUVs are more popular because there's more clearance between the road and the frame.

I guess my question is: assuming the potholes aren't deep enough that they would hit the chassis, is there such a big difference in suspension between a G37 and a small SUV?

Thanks.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

G37 at normal ride height should be fine dealing with standard potholes and not hitting anything with the G37x having a bit more height than the RWD. Suspension comparison varies dependent on what SUV you are looking at as many can be FWD or have standard rear setups. The G37 is fully IRS and the ATTESA system works great.

CarGuy87
Car: 350z, G37s, M35s

Truth is no one knows how bad your roads are. Your best bet is to ask a local. If they are THAT bad that you have to go and ask on the Internet forums I would really get someone's opinion is based on experience ie: locals.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”