G37 **No Start**

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
andrewjetmitchell
Car: '05 G35

Drove home in the pouring rain and eng starting missing/running rough. Seemed like something was wet.The next day it ran fine so I put some gas in it and added some fuel cleaner in the tank and drove it around for 20-mins and everything is A-ok. The next morning, No-Start! At all. Batt, starter, all good just no start. But turning over kind of lumpy and slow. Trying to use a new code reader I deleted all the codes. Smh. lol. Eng lopping/shaking bad but will start/run now after New-crank/cam sensors, fuel pump, plugs. No new real codes yet but engine turning over fast now and starts but running very rough still. I know its hard to diagnose on the phone so to speak but any ideas or direction would be great. Thank you. Jet
Attachments
274215418_10227392353745329_3054579562044487759_n.jpg

fontana dan
Car: 1997 Infiniti Q45

Who did the work on the car? You might want to put the original cam/cranks sensors back one by one and see if it makes any change.
Cheap replacement cam/crank sensors can really f*** it up, PCM will be happier with factory parts assuming they were not the cause of the issue.

Letter7
Car: G35 coupe

have an '06 Coupe with 154k miles. Last week while on my way from So Cal to Texas I stopped to fuel up and noticed a rough idle and service engine soon light on. Didn't think to much of it because it happen once before about 4yrs ago after I put in a fuel treatment. Then the DTC was maf sensor. Changed it and fixed. Now back to last week, fueled up and kept driving. Drove fine. Set the cruise at 75 climbing a long hill. All of a sudden the car went into limp mode. Got it to the shoulder and it shut off on me. Got it towed to town 60 miles away and got a room. Next day I scanned it and got p0011, p0340 and p0345. So I changed out both cam sensors with Hitachi sensors and still no start. Fuel pump is priming, BTW fuel gauge was working and reading correctly oddly enough which it never read correctly before. Now it's pegged to the left side of empty and when I turn the key on it'll read empty. Tank is full. Pulled a plug out and no spark. Checked for good grounding. Checked for resistance on sensors. Checked for corrosion on ipdm because my battery tray had water in it. Cleaned all ipdm terminals with rubbing alcohol. Checked all fuses and relays with meter. All 3 fuse box locations. So right now I'm just waiting on a crank sensor. Am I missing anything else to look for? I'm really puzzled by this. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”