G37 **No Start**

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
andrewjetmitchell
Car: '05 G35

[/img]Driving home the other night in the rain a few miles from home my eng started to misfire. Idling it would come back normal. Next day (dry day) it ran fine so I thought maybe something got wet. I put some Berrymans cleaner in the gas tank and filled it up-ran great on the way home. The next morning-no start! Batt and started fine its turning over but it doesn't want to start. 08' coupe S AT 127k mi. Cant take it to Autozone for code reading so need your help or some direction?? Thanks Jet

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Sounds like a dying fuel pump or a bad cam or crank sensor. First shoot something combustible like Brakleen or Gumout down the barrel and see if it starts. If so, it's a fuel issue. If not, try disconnect both cam sensors and see if it starts after a long crank. If so, one of the cam sensors is bad. If not, hook them back up and disconnect the crank sensor. If it starts after a long crank, the crank sensor is bad.

andrewjetmitchell

I did that today-I sprayed starter fluid in each intake and nothing-no start. My thoughts were already on the crankshaft sensor (very familiar with it from my Jeep CS sensor) but I didnt know how to test the Infiniti on it. Thank you I will try both of those tomorrow. So It will start if you undo the crank sensor and its bad? It will start then? Thank you man-

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

If both cam sensors are good then it will start with the crank disconnected, if the crank sensor is good it will start with both cam sensors disconnected. It's only if one cam sensor is bad or the crank sensor is lying (but not dead) that you get a no-start. So it's a useful diagnostic method.

andrewjetmitchell

Thanks for your help man. I'll try that.

andrewjetmitchell

Anybody know who makes the OEM crankshaft sensor? Want to order from rockauto but there are about 10 choices. Thanks! Jet

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”