G37 Coupe (w/Sunroof) Water Leaking Into Rear Seat

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
Touch Connors
Car: 2002 Q45

Hello. I was out of town and came home to find a puddle in the right rear passenger footwell. The floormat and carpet were completely soaked. Oregon, so theres a lot of rain. Looked online and saw the likely cause a blocked rear sunroof drain. I was leaving for LV the next day so I dryed it out and then taped the sunroof gaps so I wouldnt come home to the same thing again. I was wrong and there's now a new puddle in the back seat. I took it through a car wash about a month ago and had the normal dribble of water by the front passenger speaker, but nothing else.

I checked the drains in the trunk lid area (where the trunk supports mount) and they're clear.

Could it still be the roof drain even though the sunroof is taped? If not, what else could it be? If it was the door seal, I would have expected water intrusion when I went through the car wash, but *shrug* I'm only guessing.

(I did confirm that the windows were up and the door was completely shut)

Thanks for the help!

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Water rolls downhill and the floor spacers are much thicker in front than in back. So a puddle in the rear doesn't mean the leak is in the rear. Check your front drains, evap drain and windshield seals.

Touch Connors
Car: 2002 Q45

Thanks, I hadn't even thought of the A/C drain. That seems most likely since my hour long drive just put more water into the back than the last 24 hours of rain.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”