G37 Convertible tear

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
mphillips243
Car: 2011 Infiniti G37 Convertible

Hi Guys,

I have a 2011 Infiniti G37 convertible and I noticed this weekend that I have a tear at the very back of it (behind rear seats / trunk area). Upon further inspection I noticed that I have a metal rod that is hanging out and probably what cut it. I checked the other side, and it's starting to rip as well due to this metal rod. Where in the world did this rod come from and has anyone else experienced this?

I'm sure a new cloth top is outrageous, but any ideas on how to fix the top that would make it look decent. (besides sewing) :eek:

Thanks in advance!

cmesurf
Car: Infinitis, 03 FX35, 07 g35 sedan, 05 FX45, 09 G-vert & 14 Q50S Hybrid AWD

mphillips243 wrote:Hi Guys,

I have a 2011 Infiniti G37 convertible and I noticed this weekend that I have a tear at the very back of it (behind rear seats / trunk area). Upon further inspection I noticed that I have a metal rod that is hanging out and probably what cut it. I checked the other side, and it's starting to rip as well due to this metal rod. Where in the world did this rod come from and has anyone else experienced this?

I'm sure a new cloth top is outrageous, but any ideas on how to fix the top that would make it look decent. (besides sewing) :eek:

Thanks in advance!
did you buy it new if so this should be covered under warranty. a photo would be helpful.

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”