G37 Convertible Roofs That Work Perfectly

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
DJBass

Hey:

New to the Forum.

My BMW330 CiC was totaled and I'm in the market...and think the G37 S Convertible is the prime replacement candidate.

But I'm unsure about the hardtop convertible (eg: leaks, articulation, etc).

So seeking information...I look to sites like this. But usually the people who have problems and report them are the tails of the distribution.

So: HOW MANY HEREIN HAVE A G37 AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH THEIR HARDTOP ROOFS??

Please sound off. This will help me greatly.

Thanks!

Cobra_Kai_84
Car: 2009 G37S convertible - Athens Blue/Graphite, Premium, Sport, Nav, rear deck spoiler

I have had my G37 vert for almost 4 years to the day now. Zero problems in function. Ever. Roof rattling is an occurrence when top is up. Impossible to eliminate it completely. When I bring mine in for service, they apply some lubricant to certain parts to minimize the rattling. Seems to work for a while and then it comes back in some form. I just let service be aware of it and they lubricate it every time. I know a couple of members of this forum do it themselves, but I don't. Its definitely not a deal breaker. Car is awesome.

Had a window seal that came loose and allowed water (rain) to trickle in near the drivers window closer to the side mirror. That seal was fixed and haven't had any problems since. I also live in Arizona and we rarely get rain, so my car is not constantly dealing with bad weather.

daman858
Car: 2010 Infiniti G37 Convertible

I have a 2010 and have had no top problems or leaks of any kind and I put the top up and down almost daily. Love the car!

cmesurf
Car: Infinitis, 03 FX35, 07 g35 sedan, 05 FX45, 09 G-vert & 14 Q50S Hybrid AWD

DJBass wrote:Hey:

New to the Forum.

My BMW330 CiC was totaled and I'm in the market...and think the G37 S Convertible is the prime replacement candidate.

But I'm unsure about the hardtop convertible (eg: leaks, articulation, etc).

So seeking information...I look to sites like this. But usually the people who have problems and report them are the tails of the distribution.

So: HOW MANY HEREIN HAVE A G37 AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH THEIR HARDTOP ROOFS??

Please sound off. This will help me greatly.

Thanks!
I have 2009 G37 Convertible since it came out. No problems yet.

ATLcple
Car: 2010 G37 conv 7AT
Graphite Shadow/Graphite w/maple

I haven't had my 2010 vert very long...but with it being 3yrs and 38,000miles old I will say this. It apparently never had that 'roof dent' problem, the top doesn't squeak when its up (it is actually quite quiet with top up/ windows up), and the small, infrequent rattling that some owners have discussed only occurs on mine with the top down and stowed...and can only be heard if you are riding in the backseat, not really audible from the front seats. (Yes- I have actually logged some miles as a passenger in the backseats while my wife and teen were in the car...basically in a research capacity, should I ever need to move >2 in my new G!)

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”