G37 Convertible Repair Cost/Certified WRAP Warranty

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
banetsrp

Hi all,

I have a quick question for ya'll. I just purchased a G37 convertible and convinced myself (and was convinced by the dealer) to get the certified wrap warranty mostly out of fear that the convertible top would break and I'd have to shell out massive amounts of money to get it fixed. The wrap option cost about $2,800 and keeps everything covered until 2023. Seeing as I have 60 days to back out of the wrap option, I thought I'd ask you all if it was a good move or if it was a sucker move. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

OCMD

I will jump in here as I know the experts will be chiming in. I am about to close a deal...2013 Vert, sport model, from a dealer, 18000 miles on her. Asking 28,500. Is this a good deal from a Infiniti dealer? I don't need this car; it will be a weekend beach driver. I was thinking of offering 27500 cash, take it or leave it. Never wrecked, and maintained (5 oil changes is about it, but I saw the records).

The forum has me concerned about the top, and issues which might pop up. I own a Yamaha jet boat and am an active participant on that board and always tell new posters - "buy the yamaha - bullet proof maintenance" blah blah blah - because I know the Yamaha jet boat brand inside out....

So is this 2013 Sport Vert worth buying as far as maintenance concerns? Should I be concerned about the top mechanism? And do I buy an extended warranty? Thanks for all the insight! Looking forward to learning what the experts have to say.

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”