G37 Convertible -- Lease Deal

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
veal999

I have decided to purchase a G37 Convertible (Platinum Graphite/Stone Leather) with the Premium, Sport and Navigation Package, and Black Grille and Platinum Spoiler.

This would be a new 2009 model from Infiniti. MSRP is $52K.

I would like to lease this car and the dealership's first offer was $3,500 down payment and $575 (plus taxes/title) month for 10K miles/month and 36 months.

I live in Southern California. Can anyone tell me what I should be able to get the pricing down to?

Thanks so much. My wife has an EX35 and loves it. .. .
Modified by veal999 at 9:50 AM 1/21/2010

bschurr
Car: 2009 G37S 6MT Conv

veal999 wrote:I have decided to purchase a G37 Convertible (Platinum Graphite/Stone Leather) with the Premium, Sport and Navigation Package, and Black Grille and Platinum Spoiler.

This would be a new 2009 model from Infiniti. MSRP is $52K.

I would like to lease this car and the dealership's first offer was $3,500 down payment and $575 (plus taxes/title) month for 10K miles/month and 36 months.

I live in Southern California. Can anyone tell me what I should be able to get the pricing down to?

Thanks so much. My wife has an EX35 and loves it. .. .

Modified by veal999 at 9:50 AM 1/21/2010
Veal - Sounds like you may be new to leasing. I suggest that you do some homework and get educated quickly so you dont get screwed.

In order to calculate a lease you need to know some additiona information aside from the MSRP. What is the price they are selling you the car for?What is the money factor?What is the residual rate?Specifically what is the $3500 down? Is it cap cost reduction, taxes, fees, reg, 1st month payment?

With this info, you can properly determine if you are getting a good deal.Good luck-B

veal999

Thanks for the feedback.

I wouldn't say that I'm new to leasing -- but I was more curious what deals other people got. When push comes to shove, I'm more concerned w/ comparing apples with apples in terms of money down and monthly payments on a similar model/featured car.

So I'm really just seeing how low I can go on down payment and monthly payments on '09 model. I won't be buying this car at the end of the lease.

In any event, I'm going to ask the dealership the questions you asked me re: car price, money factor, etc.

jsweaz

Not to make things even more confusing for you but if you belong to a Credit Union you might look into what is termed a Choice Auto Plan (CAP)Choice Auto Plan (CAP) is a vehicle-financing alternative to conventional financing and leasing. With a CAP loan, you'll lower your monthly payments and bypass many drawbacks of typical leasing programs (i.e. tedious lease wording, strict mileage limitations, etc.) With a CAP loan, you can drive up to 18,000 miles a year (without penalty) while enjoying full ownership of the vehicle. At the end of the loan term, you have three options:

1) Sell the vehicle and pay the residual/future value (balloon payment), and keep the difference, if any.2) Refinance the balloon payment or pay cash and keep the vehicle.3) Return the vehicle.

Since you are not bound to a lease agreement, you can sell or trade the car in anytime within the loan term as well.

blitzebill
Car: 2009 G37x sedan

the vert has a special going on right now and VPP is usable.

just got this quote today for vert with premium, wood trim, wheat int., 19" tire pkg, rear wind deflector, splash guards:

MSRP= $49,905

invoice= 45,812

my price with VPP A code= 42,850

lease deal: $470/mth for 39 mths and 10K miles/yr.

$0 down, and $1,400 up front for fees and first mth payment + $4,400 refundable MSDs for total upfront of $5,800.

Money Factor= .00175

residual= 61%

gross/net residual= $30,442

this appears to be a great deal.

I was told by the dealer that a C Code VPP cannot be moved up to an A by the dealer, but a B code can be moved up.

bschurr
Car: 2009 G37S 6MT Conv

Blitz - That is a SMOKING great lease deal!When I leased my G in early July, the MF was higher and the residual was much lower so compared to your deal I got hammered - but, I had a great summer! The car is awesome and you are gonna love it!-B

PS - How much did the MSDs bring down the monthly payment?

blitzebill
Car: 2009 G37x sedan

it lowered the payment by $80/mth.

yeah this is an amazing deal.

and the lowered payment from using MSDs saves me another $2,500 approx. over the life of the lease...AND...i get the $4,400 MSDs back when i turn in the car!
Modified by blitzebill at 7:31 PM 1/31/2010

trincap

I just want to say that Joe603 you ROCK! I just purchased my 2010 G37s Convertible with: Prem, Sport, Nav, Kickplates, Wind Deflector, RSpec Brake Pads, Black Grill, Splash GuardsThe VPP code worked incredibly well. I actually got it for less then another dealer in Sacramento wanted for his '09. Using the MSD idea, I also got the money factor down to .0012. The end result? zero down24 Months (!)10k a year$580 a monthCost: $4.5k I can't thank you enough. The negotiation was non existent and the dealer gave me all the discounts and kick backs without me even asking. You'll have to forgive me for reposting this on the "lease" thread but the deal is just fantastic. Thanks again!

Infiniti_Pro
Car: M35x

Great deal, congrats.

@PanamaJon
Car: G37

Black on Black Convertible 2010 G37 Convertible

Premium
Sports
Navi
- with spare tire and splash guards

Sticker price $51,815
Negotiated to $48,420
39 Months
39,000 miles
$0 down at signing
$607/month plus taxes = $650 all in.

Got it this week

bberk

I am looking for a G37 Convertible Lease Deal in Washington, DC metro region.

Does anyone have any solid contacts?

Thank you.

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”