g37 Convertible Destroyed

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
vpg2002x

I have a 2011 g37 convertible with 56k on it. Recently I started developing trouble with the roof not operating.
Took it in to Infiniti dealer and they reprogrammed the roof. It operated ok for a while and then same issue. Top wouldn't go up and dash would say roof in operation. Took in to dealer again and they said was low voltage. Had battery replaced and reprogrammed again. Lasted less than a week. Dropped off again. They said they had trouble getting roof to go up manually. They have had for 2 weeks. Today I was informed by service dept.that the upper top assembly is bent that the whole roof system needs to be replaced at a cost of $19,000. I'm totally exasperated as I feel that service dept damaged top trying to get it to move out of trunk during manual attempt. Has anyone had this dilemma?

$tarter
Car: 2011 G37S sedan 6sp

I'd be really suspicious of the diagnosis from the dealer. If they got it working before, how is it now suddenly bent? And if it was bent, how much did they charge you for for the two visits that didn't fix it? They at least need to refund any charges for those. I think you need a second opinion.

04pathse
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

KBB value for the car is only around 15k and they want 19k to repair the roof?

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”