G37 best rim size?

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
9ballrollin
Car: 2013 Infinity G37

Hey all Im new to this page and new to Infinity!! I just bought a 2013 Infinity G37 sedan and I want to buy some new rims and tires give it a sporty aggressive look. I want to use staggered rims with wider in the rear but Im not sure best size to use.Not sure if i should use 18s 19s or 20s. I have the stock suspension and dont want any rubbing. Any help is much appreciated!

thanks Tim from Las Vegas

RED_DET
Vendor
Car: 2004 6 speed G35 Sedan, 2011 G37x, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SR20DET, C7Z06

Welcome aboard! Since you are now an owner of the brand name INFINITI, probably a good idea to learn the correct spelling. Just a pet peeve of mine....

Wheel and tire size depend on your budget. 18's are the smallest size I think looks right and 20's are maximum. 19's have the most expensive tire options.

9" width front and 10" width rear are my recommendations regardless of diameter.

9ballrollin
Car: 2013 Infinity G37

Awesome Thabks and Yes INFINITI ;) LOL...

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Factory staggered wheel configuration for the coupe is 19"x9" rear (+45mm offset) w/245-40 tires; 19"x8.5" front (+43mm offset) with 225-45 tires. Coupe wheels will work on the sedan as shown below (if you like the look):

Note: The above is using 15mm spacers on the front. If I were to do it again I would do 10mm on the front and additional 5-10mm on the rear.

So, wheels and fitment are a personal decision. I hate the factory offsets on the G's because the wheels are not flush with the fender, thus, why spacers are used. If you are looking to purchase aftermarket wheels then you can use the above information to size them, assuming you want them more flush as well. In the picture above the front wheels are +45mm offset and I added a 15mm spacer which means the actual offset was +30mm. So, for front rims @ 8.5" wide I would look for something in the +30-35mm offset range. If the front rims are 9" then I would look for something in the +35-40mm range. The lower the offset number the further the wheel will stick out. Here is a great wheel tutorial which goes over offset: http://www.infinitig37.com/wheel-tech.html

Rear offset, in the picture, is +43mm with a 9" width wheel. As I believe a 10mm spacer would have been almost perfect then you are looking at a +33mm offset if you are looking at a 9" rear wheel. With a 9.5" wheel you would look for around a 40mm offset and for a 10" wheel around a 45mm offset....someone can validate my assumptions here :)

Now, tires and wheel width. The wider the wheel the wider the tire options...or...the more tire stretch you would have. If you like stretching tires then a wider wheel is fine....if not then you either get a wheel that's not as wide or get wider tires, which is more expensive. To me, for something that is a daily driver, a 9-9.5" rear wheels is just fine. The optimum rear size on a 9" rear wheel is 275, IMO.

The picture below shows the same sport wheels above, but installed on my G37 coupe that's running 275's (and +15mm spacers on all wheels). There is relatively no stretch on the 9" wheel.

The picture below shows my coupe with 20"x10" width wheels running 285's and there is a slight stretch to the sidewall.

Selecting different wheels is quite a decision and selecting the wrong offset and width can make things look like crap. You have a bit of research and decision making ahead of you :)

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”