G35x base bogging-then dieing upon take off under low rpm

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
badsoda23
Car: 2008 G35x

PLEASE HELP
my 08 g35x just bogs out then dies when accelerating slowly (you can feel the bog in the pedal, around 1200rpm) then I take my foot off pedal and the car is off...if I accelerate past it I can save it from bogging out an dying out. ts not good for in traffic, city driving. any ideas??? To be clear it doesn't happen while moving, only from a stop, and it only happens when I accelerate up to around 1200 RPM THEN take my foot off right away boggs out and makes the car die out....
PS this is my first post so hi!!

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Welcome to NICO Club! More information please. Do you have a check engine light on? Can you get a scanner to pull codes from the cars computer? Have you had any repairs, wrecks or changes to your car recently?

badsoda23

centralcoaster33 wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:46 pm
Welcome to NICO Club! More information please. Do you have a check engine light on? Can you get a scanner to pull codes from the cars computer? Have you had any repairs, wrecks or changes to your car recently?
no check engine light, I had it scanned but no codes come up..no repairs or changes or nething...

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Now, it could be something dumb. Check your battery wire connections and make sure they're tight and not corroded. Check the voltage of your battery when car is off, 12.2V and when it's running, 14.4V. Check your intake air filter and make sure the box is latched closed all the way. Check your gas cap and make sure it's on properly. Take a visual on your exhaust system and make sure nothings come apart (of course, it would be loud if it did). Take a visual of your engine bay while not running for loose wires, disconnected hoses, dead cats and rats nests. Run the engine and put your ears to your engine bay and see if you hear anything weird. Hissing could be a vacuum leak, grinding, clicks, vibrations, etc. Try giving it some gas while your under there. Check your fuel filter to make sure it's not clogged... Hmmm, maybe start with that. Have you ever replaced the fuel filter? That's a good starting point. Even the FSM has you inspecting the fuel pump almost right away. If you can't blow through it, gas can't barely get through there and maintain it's pressure for the injectors.

There is a throttle pedal relearn procedure you could try. It's my understanding that it can't hurt. Check the EC chapter of the FSM for engine control information. There's a bunch in there related to codes. If you don't have codes, you can look to page 538 for a chart of basic symptoms and potential issues. I'd look into the part about "Lack of Power/ Poor Acceleration". Link follows:

http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual? ... an/2008/EC

badsoda23

centralcoaster33 wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:41 pm
Now, it could be something dumb. Check your battery wire connections and make sure they're tight and not corroded. Check the voltage of your battery when car is off, 12.2V and when it's running, 14.4V. Check your intake air filter and make sure the box is latched closed all the way. Check your gas cap and make sure it's on properly. Take a visual on your exhaust system and make sure nothings come apart (of course, it would be loud if it did). Take a visual of your engine bay while not running for loose wires, disconnected hoses, dead cats and rats nests. Run the engine and put your ears to your engine bay and see if you hear anything weird. Hissing could be a vacuum leak, grinding, clicks, vibrations, etc. Try giving it some gas while your under there. Check your fuel filter to make sure it's not clogged... Hmmm, maybe start with that. Have you ever replaced the fuel filter? That's a good starting point. Even the FSM has you inspecting the fuel pump almost right away. If you can't blow through it, gas can't barely get through there and maintain it's pressure for the injectors.

There is a throttle pedal relearn procedure you could try. It's my understanding that it can't hurt. Check the EC chapter of the FSM for engine control information. There's a bunch in there related to codes. If you don't have codes, you can look to page 538 for a chart of basic symptoms and potential issues. I'd look into the part about "Lack of Power/ Poor Acceleration". Link follows:

http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual? ... an/2008/EC
wow awesome reply!!! :dblthumb: il try all of that tomorrow now that I have time lol (been working 7 days now) i never replaced the fuel filter, i actually just bought the car, and the guy who sold me the car wants to fix it for me but we cant figure out whats going on.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”