G35 wins sport sedan comparo

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
DenverG35c
Car: Motor sports, computer solitaire...

The March issue of Car and Driver has a comparison test of $35k sports sedans.

Here's how they ranked:

1. G35--Yay!2. BMW 325i (the 330i is over the 35k price range)3. Acura TL4. Lexus IS3005. Audi A4 3.0 quattro6. Saab 9-37. Jaguar X-type 3.0

Also Autoweek has some praise for Nismo:

http://autoweek.com/search/sea...ord=3

http://autoweek.com/search/sea...ord=4

And Stillen:

http://autoweek.com/search/sea...ord=1

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Yaay!!! Yet another win!

Wil the wins ever stop?

Fred...:fruit

SmithSR
Car: 240sx

WOW wow, wow! 1st place among some real contenders!

The best part is, the price point the test car came in at, it inlcuded such goodies as Aero package, Nav package, Bose.. and in the sheep's clothing of the G35 sedan 6MT leather.. I like!!

Quotes the author of the comparo writeup: "It's a worthy winner"

SE-Rfornow

Good news... Motortrend agrees :). I was very pleased to see my subscribed magazine sing the praises of the G35. In the shootout it was against a BMW 330 and I think an audi. Good stuff :).

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Welcome aboard SE-Rfornow. Do I sense that a G35 might be in your future?

90Q45blue
Car: 2006 Honda Accord EX-L

Car and Driver doesn't often let anything beat a BMW. The G35, however, just can't be stopped. :) I read the article and the G35 really kicks the others in the rear.

Nick :)

g35driver
Car: Power kite flying

I stated a while back that I was upset with the car mags comparing the G with a much more expensive 330i. If we were to put the mods to equal the price of the loaded 330i, you would have one bad G in your driveway. Wait a sec, If you have an unmoded(is that a word?) G it's still a bad auto. The G is unstoppable. It's back to the drawing board for the other want to be contenders. By the time they catch up, I beleive the G will be even more powerful and refined passing the M3. Start saving now.Kev...:D

JKs350GT

Dont you guys think the 330i has lost its flame, its time to make room for the G35 :)

rydwhite

I agree. I originally was going to get a 300, but once I saw the G, my mind was changed.

Welcome to NICO JK.

DenverG35c

JKs350GT wrote:Dont you guys think the 330i has lost its flame, its time to make room for the G35 :)

Yeah and if Chris Bangle has anything to say about it, the next 3 series will be a ugly as the current 7 and 5 models.

rydwhite

I don't think that the new 5 and 7 are that terribly bad. They are a little less box than previous, but I really don't think that they are ugly. I don't like the rear of the car that much though.

DenverG35c

They're like the girl with the great personality but a really fat a**.

kblast523
Car: Bikes with motors, golf, woodworking, car restoration

I have just esperienced a G35X in my driveway (well-sort of) for three days, and let me say, this is one BIG contender. My 18 year old came home with a friend on the first day the car was here, and had all kinds of rash about it...her friend (also female) was in total amazement. After a brief exchange of curt (non-courteous) banter, I offed a ride. Drove sedately up the street, out to the main drag, turned the corner....mashed the gas.It was as if Zeulu had just ordered up Warp 9. Spock was pinned to the back panel of the control room and Euhurra was holding on for dear life. Capt'n Kirk was in control...After a long string of deleted explitives, the FIRST intelligent thing I heard come out of this kids mouth was, "...I WaNT THIs CaR!!!" And her friend, (at 18 this kid drives an LLB Subaru Outback Wagon with a 6) could only say OOOHMYGAWD, OOOOHMMMMAAAYYYGAWWWWDDD, OOOOHMMMMYYYGOOOOODDD while hanging on....(I began to wonder if there were not someone else in the back seat....)At a mere 6 blocks from the house I made my first TURN, at 20 or so mph, tossing both of my passengers across the back seat against the restraint of their seat belts...and both added in unison: "SSSWWWWEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTT..."Needless to say, almost half of BWHS has been by to see this car. Even the day after it went back (service loaner) we are still getting OOOHHHHH's and AAAAAHHHHH's even over the grand old I30. What a way to sell cars!!!! No wonder its a winner.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”