G35 warranty questions..

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
ts6spdg
Car: 2007 g35 Coupe

I'm a new Infiniti owner and was curious what modifications I can get away with and still keep the car under warranty...

Thank You!

G_whizz
Car: 2010 G37 Coupe Sport

Welcome to NICO!!

Intake and exhaust will DEFINITELY not void your warranty. Actually lemme rephrase that... Anything you install that they can PROVE damaged your car WILL void your warranty.

My car is leased and look at all my mods.... I have brought it in for service, they are aware of what I have and I have never had a problem. When you install things like an intake, just be careful not to play around with your MAF... such as poking your finger in it, this can cause damage and it will void warranty.

Like I said, they have to be able to prove that that mods you did damaged your car and caused problems.

Hope that helps!

Happy Modding

ts6spdg

thank you G_whizz...

I guess I will start experimenting... Thanks for all ur help!

G_whizz

Your welcome...for some ideas...go to Our Modification database sticky thread near the top of the forum

ts6spdg

is that the one that you posted? nice car...

G_whizz

Thanks

ocho
Car: 2004 G35 sedan

G_whizz wrote:Welcome to NICO!!

Intake and exhaust will DEFINITELY not void your warranty. Actually lemme rephrase that... Anything you install that they can PROVE damaged your car WILL void your warranty.

My car is leased and look at all my mods.... I have brought it in for service, they are aware of what I have and I have never had a problem. When you install things like an intake, just be careful not to play around with your MAF... such as poking your finger in it, this can cause damage and it will void warranty.

As i understand, even if you install a plenum spacer warranty will not be voided? My dealer's shop manager told me that it would void the warranty if exhaust was installed. Is there a comunication from the manufacturer that states this?

Thanks,OCHO

Like I said, they have to be able to prove that that mods you did damaged your car and caused problems.

Hope that helps!

Happy Modding [/QUOTE

Hope that helps!

Happy Modding

Hope that helps!

Happy Modding
]

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”