G35 Transmission Issues

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
Shortstop215
Car: G35

I was recently told by the dealership at Infiniti that my transmission needed to be replaced. My car is a 2007 G35 with 53,000 miles. I purchased the vehicle 6 years ago, and during that time I put a little less than 23,000 miles on the car. The vehicle has been serviced exclusively by the Infiniti dealership that I purchased the car from. Since 2011, while under warranty it has been documented that I have consistently heard a humming sound while accelerating. This complaint was made 3 times while under warranty, each time the cause of the noise was attributed to something other than the transmission. Recent research has led me to discover that the noise could have been an early warning sign of a faulty transmission. I am seeking advice on how I can effectively advocate for myself. The vehicle has a Blue Book value of less than $8000. A transmission from the dealership will cost $7500, paying for this repair is not an option. If the noise was an early indication of a faulty transmission, do I have a case for the dealership to pay for the repairs or provide me compensation?

RED_DET
Vendor
Car: 2004 6 speed G35 Sedan, 2011 G37x, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SR20DET, C7Z06

Your best bet is to contact an attorney.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”