G35 Test pipes, installation, opinions and pictures!

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
kdfja1

well i thought i'd make a new post that includes all of my previous ones in one big article like format, i'll post it on the modification thread also just without as many pictures so i don't flood the sticky

Enjoy

Feedback on Intense power's resonated test pipes ( manufactured by Top speed)

I just want to say that this mod is not worth it, but worth the money. At least the test pipe that i got, ( intense-motor resonated test pipes ) why you may ask? because its a pain in the butt to install. i personnally like to install stuff on my car and this job but this job was kinda annoying for me. It may seem ez on paper, just unbolt and bolt right? nope. the bolts are positioned in akwared places and if your hand is any big good luck, also you must have a lot of sockets or just be lucky and have the right ones. and what makes me extremely mad is there is just one bolt that is positioned right next to the steering coloum that makes the whole job an hour longer ( for me at least ).

The gains? not so much i cant feel it that much like when i installed my mrev2 with 5/16 plenum spacers . the sound? well it's louder but raspier, you could like it for just think it sounds too ricer and o yah the smoke well theres the bad thats, well it smokes.... which increases your cop magnetism slightly but considering a g35 is some what of a luxury or some may even say exotic car, cops wont hunt you down like a 240sx.

so would i say its worth it? ummmm the more expensive ones? nope paying 300-500 bucks on 2 pipes that give you minimal power, headaches to install, and cop trouble? i wouldnt say so, But if you were to get the intense power ones your good in the garage go ahead throw down 125 free shipping and no tax if your not in AZ and install this. and sorry wont be posting any pictures just looks like a shinning pipe to me lol

and for the High flow versus test pipes? if your pocket is deep enough get the HFC's why? you might ask? because the gains between a test pipe and HFC in a NA car are MINIMAL this is not some myth but NA cars dont really need test pipes, However, if you decide to TT or SC ur G35, go for the test pipes because with FI test pipe gains are huge, or just above 10whp.

But why i got the test pipes again? 125 shipped no tax ( where i live ), compared to the average price of high flows cats which are around 500 minimum, the nismo one is about 1 grand, now all this just for 5hp on an NA car? i would rather buy some dinner with that money . but for all you extremely thrifty people go for the HFC's.

ALso the smell and CEL, i didnt get my check engine light untill today wen I went driving in the mountains, lasted around 50 miles without the CEL. The smell? well its horrible, i have a cold right now and i can smell it and it's pretty bad.

Gains? GAINS! gains? well a few things i noticed after taking the car for a nice hard drive today is well there are a few gains. I dont know if this is true but it feels like my rev is faster now, i noticed this when i was driving normally and i started to shift at 3.5ish compared to my regular 3k rpm for my normal driving, the 5 hp that is suppose to be gained isn't really shown here but without a doubt yes there has to be some gain, if you have ever looked through the g35 cats, its about a feet of filtering hence why its a LEV.

well i hope that helps, this concludes my opinions about the test pipes feel free to ask any more questions i'll gladdy answer.

The Installation:::

1.) jack up car high enough so you are comfortable underneath and have room to work

2.) loosen all the bolts connected to the cat and the Y pipe, and the Cat and the headers ( warning this may be very hard because the bolts and nuts expand as they are heated when driving ) this look me over 2 hours because i stripped a nut and had to buy a tool to take it off at Sears

3.) disconnect the O2 sensor :::WARNING::: BE VERY ::: VERY ::: CAREFUL when taking it off, i used a loaned socket for that autozone lends to specially take of O2 sensors.

4.) stick O2 sensors on your test pipe or HFC

5.) bolt everything on and screw as tight as possible ( make sure to make it tight enough). and make sure to use the gaskets either OEM ones or what the aftermarket ones offer.

PICTURES:::

Test pipe with Y pipe shot Test pipe Test pipe bolt point with Y pipe Test pipe going into header O2 sensor Test Pipe O2 sensor and Y pipe

G_whizz
Car: 2010 G37 Coupe Sport

Nice Job!!

Do you have a Custom Title in mind that you would like to have under your name??

kdfja1

whats a custom title? like the icon next to your name?

kdfja1

OOO like G35 moderator is yours? lol umm put G35 driver for mine thanks and how do i put pictures under my name?

G_whizz
Car: 2010 G37 Coupe Sport

Under my name it says G35 Moderator. So if you want something under yours...lemme know

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”