G35 Sedan Headunit or Amplifier problem?

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
rehman2009

Hi thanks for your help in advance. I have a 2003 G35 RWD Sedan (no SAT button) with the Factory Bose system.

I am trying to figure out if my problem is with the HU or amp.

Basically, sometimes the sound kicks in and out of certain speakers (not every speaker cuts out at the same time... usually just one side).

Also, the front right speaker has very, very low sound (like a whisper) even if I set my system to only the right front speaker.

I told all of this to a local car guy and he confirmed to me that it is the amplifier.

BUT, what I recently found is my CD isn't working properly. It is really staticky (and skips a lot... tried a couple CDs). Usually I always use the AUX through the tape deck so I didn't try this recently (the CD was working not too long ago which was the last time I tested it).

Can anyone please help me out here?

Thanks

SX APPEAL
Car: 06 G35 Coupe 6MT
95 Maxima SE 5MT

There is a voluntary service campaign for 03 G Sedans with these types of issues to replace the audio and HVAC circuit panel. The cost for the part under the campaign is massively reduced from retail. Take it to your local Infiniti dealership and ask them about Campaign P3104, see if its applicable to your vehicle. Should only cost a couple hundred in parts plus labor to get it fixed.

rehman2009

I see thanks for the info.

Any idea, though, whether it's the HU or amp? If it's just the amp I can buy one for relatively cheap.

I should add that the sound cuts in and out sometimes when I turn but seems to come back on when I straighten the wheel.

SX APPEAL
Car: 06 G35 Coupe 6MT
95 Maxima SE 5MT

Without poking around inside it, I couldn't say for sure. All I know is that this campaign exists for replacement of the audio/hvac panel, which is essentially the "head unit", which was a common problem estimated to affect 20,000+ 03 G35 Sedans. There is no such campaign for the amp. So that's where my money is.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”