G35 racing stories! Win or lose

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Im just curious as to how the G's hold their own..... I KNOW some of you have raced yours..... How are they down low, up top, etc.... What have you raced....?

I bet a race between a 1st gen Q and a G would be pretty close, from a stop... From a roll (highway speeds) i have my doubts!! :D

Lets hear em!!!

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Come on folks!

I <know> you have some!

Fred...:D

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Come on, try and top our INFINITI SPEEDING STORIES in the INFINITI GENERAL section.....

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Raced a 6mt 350Z late one night on long straight stretch of road south of Indy. I pulled up to him at the stoplight and he reved it a bit and looked over at me and nodded. I nodded back. the light turned green and we both gunned it. He got me off the line a little, but I pulled up and ended up getting about a car length before we slowed down. Afterwards we pulled into a parking lot and talked for awhile. Cool guy, nice car, but the G is much nicer.

Then there are of course the kills where people didn't have a chance in hell and knew it, but they really aren't worthy to be bragging about.

GMachine
Car: cars, camping, sports

Raced a BMW 330i shortly after my break in period was over. We were on a divided interprovincial hywy and he came up on me at about 130kph. He slowed down and sat in the left lane beside me and gave me a "lets go look".

We both accelerated from about 120kph ( speed limit is 110kph) and I stayed with him until 225kph when I decided to let off. He kept pulling away and probably hit 240 kph or so.

I know that my G35 can do at least that because on a desrted hywy near my home I took it up to an indicated 250kph one night later on when it was broke in better.

G35s can definitley take any BMW 3 series as I have done so on rolling starts and from stoplights 3 times now in last 6 months.Nice German engineering but too weak on the horses!

jtesensky
Vendor
Car: 2005 QX56, 2002 QX4

'04 BMW M3- He had me off the line, I caught up in third then he left me again at about 85 MPH. He was a good car length when I let off, last I looked I was at 95 MPH.4.6L Stang- He had me off the line (I have an A/T), caught up agian in 2nd gear, had him by about a 1/2 car the rest of the way.Later model V8 Explorer- This was good. I'm not sure what he was thinking but I had to accomodate. Needless to say he could probably out tow me but it was never close.early 90's CRX turbo- This guy was rice city USA. The funniest thing about it was the turbo was worth more than the car. He spun off the line, which made it even more funny. I had him regardless, but I do give hom credit, he was right behind me until the next light. I'll keep you posted on any new ones. It probably won't be long until I get in trouble, at least that's what my wife keeps telling me!

Cold_Zero
Car: 2003 (3.5) Altima SE & 2005 Pathfinder

I have yet to race against one. Would like the chance.

MainEvent212

i raced an integra in my dad's G one time...lol poor boy didnt know he was doin...i let off after 2nd gear cuz i had him by about 4 car lengths

ATL_G35

I raced a new 350z twice and took him twice. Rolling start @ about 55mph...hit 140mph on one run....he could not hang.

Phax
Car: Control dynamics

http://www.nissaninfiniticlub....42236

rydwhite

Damn S13's. Hahaha

Phax

rydwhite wrote:Damn S13's. Hahaha

Yeah, but you can pull more females with your G35C than I can with my S13. It's a good thing I have a stellar personality to make up for my automotive inadequecies. ;)

rydwhite

Haha, you've got a point there.

dekand
Car: 1995 240sx SE

lol yeah g's are so nice, but i can't wait to race some when my motors in ;)

fshrmn

Last night on the way to work some bozo was riding my tail and I was already going 10 mph over the speed limit in a 45 zone. It was around midnight so not much traffic. We get to where the road turns to 2 lanes and he guns by me on the inside, only to be held up at a light. I pull up next to him and he glares over at me with his friend in the passenger seat laughing. They were in an Audi A8. I have no idea if these are fast or not.

The light turns green and he goes off like a bat out of hell and I just keep on at normal speed because I know he is going to hit the next light red too....sure enough. He looks over and revs his enging a couple times and the light turns green....off he goes like a bat out of hell again.

At this point we both he gets in to the far left hand lane which is a lane that goes on to the freeway. I get in the lane on his right side, which also turns left on to the freeway. We are at another stoplight and after this light there is maybe50 yards before another light....this light has the turn light to let you get on the onramp.

He does the ol macho rev, rev, rev thing and takes off again. At this point I figured it was finally time to see what my new car was made of, and I put my foot in the floor and redlined it before shifting to second. The light with the green arrow for the freeway was on and I didn't let up to make the left turn. I am not sure how fast I took the corner at, but when I merged on the freeway I was around 120.....downhill onramp btw.

I looked in my rearview mirror and somewhere in the distance I saw his headlights.

I lived happily ever after

The End

Fshrmn

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Great story, and great ownage!!!

G35 1, owned A8, 0

Phax

fshrmn wrote:... and I put my foot in the floor and redlined it before shifting to second. The light with the green arrow for the freeway was on and I didn't let up to make the left turn. I am not sure how fast I took the corner at, ...

Was it a 90 degree corner? Did you have to use all of the full 90 degrees? Did your back end let go?

All things considered, and depending on how much room you had before hitting the corner, you probably took it between 40-50mph. Good job, especially in a four door!

I'm not sure if the A8's are fast either. It seems like Audi's always end up right in the middle, when they are compared to other makes in automobile magazines.

fshrmn

Yepper, 90 degree corner, I actually made a wider turn because there was a third lane I could wander in to. The right lane has a little wider turn than the inside though. I did lose the rearend for a second. I almost always drive with the vdc off. Maybe if it was on the supercomputer could have made a decision and kept traction, but unless its raining I won't have that thing engaged....I want to be the driver, not have a computer do it for me hehe.

rydwhite

First, let me just say Dekand, very nice looking 240.

Next, nice kill fshrmn. Always good hearing how the G eats others for dinner.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”