g35 Phonebook voice tags keep erasing

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
larryk
Car: 2007 G35S AT

I have a 2007 G35S and today makes the third time I have tried to use the phonebook voice tags to make a call and found out the tags are gone. I stopped at the Infinity dealer and they do not have a clue what is happening. I have now redid all tags again! Any info out there??Larry

ksharpe98021

Have you had any luck with this. My wife's car has been in the shop twice for the tag's being erased. Last time they changed out the bluetooth module which worked for three weeks and now they are gone again. Infiniti service doesn't seem to have any idea why it's happening. Out of curiousity what model cellphone are you using. My wifes is a first generation Razr.

Thanks,Kevin

ksharpe98021

LarryOur problem is not our alone. Its all of the 2007 G35 S around the country. Infiniti is replacing the Nav Computer on these models and are having no more problems. Of course the longest or oldest car is 6 months old. Mine is currently on order as well. Replacing the phone module was not enough. The phone is controlled by the Nav. My husbands concern is if this doesn't work than it may be a software issue.Keep us updated on your end if anything newTracy and Kevin

larryk

MY phone is a Sony Ericson. I will contact the dealer and get thier response to this posting.

Thankslarry

nrken99
Car: 2003 Infiniti M45 2007 Infiniti G35

I'm having the same problem (twice), and just thought I was doing something wrong in programming. It worked fine for three days, then lost the voicetags. (The first time it didn't even work that long.) They show up in the list, but not in the directory. I'm bringing it into the dealer next Tuesday, so we'll see what happens. Seems to be a recall in the making, doesn't it?

There's also a problem with the moonroof gaskets coming out of position; my service guy said he won't be surprised to see a recall on that, either, but can't fix it. Still, the car is soooo much fun to drive!

larryk

I was called by the dealer today. They have been in contact with Infinity and they are aware of this problem and are reaserching it. They believe it is only a software issue. They have instructed the dealer to not start "throwing" parts in it to try to fix it and wait until they reaserch it further.

nrken99

Do you know if Infiniti is putting out a bulletin to all dealers?

larryk

I do not know. Since the dealership I went to knew nothing about this, I am afraid service bullitens only go out when the problem becomes more plentiful.

Larry

nrken99

Dealer called Infiniti. They told him to call again when I've brought in the car, and they'll walk them through. He said they knew of the problem, but he wasn't sure they have a cure. I'm bringing it in next week, so we'll see what happens. Stay tuned.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”