g35 performance (weather)

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
thintzen

i just bought a 2003 g35 sedan rwd. i've driven it and its so smooth, but how does it handle in rain and snow? i know it has vdc, but how good is it? what can i truely expect in these extreme conditions?

any personal experience/advice is welcomed!!!

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

thintzen wrote:i just bought a 2003 g35 sedan rwd. i've driven it and its so smooth, but how does it handle in rain and snow? i know it has vdc, but how good is it? what can i truely expect in these extreme conditions?

any personal experience/advice is welcomed!!!
Welcome to NICO!!

I don't speak from personal experience with a G35 in snow, but having lived and driven in New England (Massachusetts and New Hampshire) for 14 years, I have some experience with snowy weather and RWD cars!

The G35 rwd will handle well in rain and snow (as well as any RWD) and the VDC can correct for a number of ills, but it is not going to be like an AWD car (which is not perfect either) or deal with the driver getting careless!

So, don't get carried away. You could still get into trouble if you are spinning or sliding! Good summer tires (or even the stock Goodyear GS-A tire, blech, that comes with the car) will not handle cold conditions well.

My advice would be to spring for a relatively cheap set of 17" wheels from eBay (there are many used G35 wheels available all the time) and get a set of four snow tires from Tire Rack (like Michelin Alpine or Bridgestone Blizzaks even the Pirelli ... model name escapes me).

This is a relatively inexpensive way to make sure that your G35 behaves well in snow!

Z

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

The car should be fine in the snow, but as Z said getting some snow tires will make it even better.

04G35guy

It isn't that good in snow and ice. This is the first "new" rwd auto that I have had (drove old rwd beaters through high school and college) and when it gets snowy and icy I wish I wouldn't have sold my '01 Merc Cougar because it handled snow and ice much better. We had a much harsher winter than normal last year here, which didn't help matters much.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”