G35 Paint Color Fading?

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
Nadia
Car: G35 Coupe 2004

I just bought an 04 Coupe in twilight blue. I haven't gotten it detailed yet but I'm hoping it'll make a difference. Right now the color(especially on the hood) look a bit faded. Doesn't have the rich, dark tone it should. I don't think it was garaged the whole time and it's been in the sun a lot. Anyone had/have a similar problem?

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

Sounds like you might have some oxidation. Generally a sign of poor paint maintenance (regular washing and waxing). As long as there is enough good clearcoat left, then it can be buffed out. I'd have a GOOD detailer look at it to see what he thinks...

0wn3r
Car: 1997 Nissan 240sx SE track car (SR20DET, caged)

C-Kwik wrote:Sounds like you might have some oxidation. Generally a sign of poor paint maintenance (regular washing and waxing). As long as there is enough good clearcoat left, then it can be buffed out. I'd have a GOOD detailer look at it to see what he thinks...
not to mention acid rain.

fosterelli
Car: 2006 Infiniti G35 6MT Sedan

Yeah...get it detailed by a very good shop...don't skimp or you'll be sorry! Good luck!

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”