G35 On Order!!!

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
Super Dave

Hey everyone, I just ordered a 2004 G35 Coupe today!!!!!!here are the details:Ivory White/Graphite Interior, 6-Speed, Premium Package, Aero Package, NAV System, Splash Guards......the works. Too bad I have to wait 3 months for it to come in. :(

I'm still debating about the manual transmission though. I know the aut-stick will be easier in traffic, but I really want the Brembos. Delema, delema. I drove the auto today, but they didn't have any 6-speeds there. I guess I need to hop in a manual asap, before it is too late to change the order. Hope I made the right choice. What do you all think?

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Go with the manual. You won't regret it. Auto's and auto-sticks are for sissy's :arcadefre

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

Real men have sticks. I mean..... Nevermind.....

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

BTW-where you been EZCheese? I haven't seen you around for a while?

dave_c

Get the Manual Tranny.

Automatic and sports car are an oxymoron.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

though choice.

I and most enthusiasts here will recommend a manual for the superior control.

On the other hand the G35 auto is very tempting, its Tiptronic feature works real well by all accounts and its the exact same tranny as installed in the current Infiniti Q45, so you know its strong, if its made to work in a 340hp 4000+ lbs sedan.

Fred...:)

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

You can't go wrong either way. The manual is great with very short, strong throws. The auto is great too. The auto is very smooth and it does have the tiptronic which is really nice. I wanted the manual, but got the auto because I didn't want to wait 3 and half months for the car. The auto is a little quicker, but both are great. The other thing to factor is that with the manual you can get the brembos and 18" wheels, ehich you can not get with the auto. I don't think that you can make a wrong decision. For a true sports car feel I would go with the manual. For the convenience go with the auto.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Also about the brake question, ie Brembos available w/ Manual only:The stock brakes are very very good+strong.109 feet from 60 mph beats nearly all cars currently made, actually I am hard pressed to think of <any> car that can beat that.

BMW 5 series?NoBMW M3?NoMB E class, C class, S class?NoAMG?NoLexus IS300?NoLexus GS 300?NoPorsche 911?NoFerrari 360 Modena?No....

You get the idea,... the stock brakes are pretty good.

Fred...:)

rydwhite

The stock brakes are great. I have had to use them a couple of times and damn, on a dime. The only real reason to get the Brembos is for the gold showing through the wheel spokes.

Super Dave

but the gold is so valuable to me :)

Super Dave

****.......why does it say driving mom's car under my name!!!!!! I have a tacoma for now :D

rydwhite

It changes with the number of posts

Bluestreak
Car: Cars, fatherhood, baseball, music

Don't minimize the effect of those gold brembos shining through. People stare at them enviously everywhere I go. And get the stick. Remember, no matter how responsive the auto-stick is, it's still ultimately controlled by the computer. The throws are so short on the 6-speed, it's a delight even in traffic. The engine note is so perfect, you can get a great sound as you row through all 6 gears. Just talking about it makes me want to go to my garage.

Super Dave

I know most people don't even know what Brembos are, but the key is catching the eyes of those who do. I'm probably gonna stick with the 6 speed (get it) :). I want to go drive a 350Z to feel out the shifter, since the infiniti dealers are so far away. I heard the shifter is "notchy" and people seem to complain about that. Chanses are that the dealer has already placed the order though. Poor me :D I'm going to bed, wake me up in 3 months.

Bluestreak
Car: Cars, fatherhood, baseball, music

When I really try, I can shift through as smoothly as with my last car, a BMW 528. It's true, the BMW is more forgiving- but with much longer throws. When I'm alone in this car, not concerned about other people sitting in there, a little notchy is no big deal. And it really only happens from 1-2 and 2-3. Compared to my wife's former car, a 1988 Saab (the car I learned stick on, may it rest in peace), shifts in the 6MT are as smooth as butter. Everything's relative.

3 months of reading this stuff without the car will make you out of your mind- good luck!

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”