G35 Low Mileage Maintenance

Got questions about your Infiniti? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
nutellabear
Car: 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe

I was hoping if someone -- that knows a thing or two -- could offer some advice on maintenance on my low mileage 2006 G35 coupe. I bought the car in Jan 2006 and it has been basically a weekend car for me. The car has 10,000 miles on it right now. I kept up with the routine maintenance, replacing the oil with synthetic twice a year and putting in a new air filter once a year. Whenever I brought it into the dealer they would check the fluids and do a routine inspection on the car. It basically hasn't needed anything. Works fine.

The car is four and a half years old right now, and still beautiful by the way! I plan on keeping it and was thinking about taking it on a trip to Florida from the Mid-Atlantic. My question is, are there any things that I should replace or change (fluids or parts) simply because of the time I've had the car? For instance, does the transmission fluid degrade over time, or maybe I should flush the radiator? I do not trust the dealer to tell me what I *REALLY* should do vs. what he wants me to do just to jack up my service costs. Every time I go into the dealer, he wants me to put $600 or $800 into the car just to "check" things.

The only thing I was thinking of getting done this next service was another oil change, new air filter, check the AC that it has a good coolant pressure, and change the cabin air filer. Maybe re-balance the tires. Should I do anything else I should get done?

Thanks.

-T

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

:welcome: to NICO!

I would drain and refill your differential. My G's differential had a lot of visible metal flakes in it's oil when I drained it the first few times. I think I did it at about 20K the first time and wished I had done it earlier. The whole thing freaked me out enough that I started changing it with every oil change with Supertech (Walmart) cheap-o gear oil at every oil change for a few cycles. I finally got a drain that didn't look flaky, and will switch to a better quality oil now. I have read stories with this fluid looking bad at just a few thousand miles in service, so apparently it's a normal part of the break-in process - but visible metal can't be a good thing - so I wanted it out.

The only other thing I can think of that's particularly time sensitive is brake fluid. It absorbs moisture if you're driving it or not... so it's probably getting dark by now. If it's anything other than a very light amber color, I would replace it. Coolant may or may not be OK, but I suspect it's fine.

Heath

driverdriver
Car: NICO's longtime resident Canuck!!!

If you live in a colder climate and do use the heater, I would go ahead and change the coolant.

Return to “Infiniti Online Mechanic”