G35 coupe seat noise

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
seat_noise
Car: G35

I have a 2005 G35 coupe that has less than 2000 miles on it. It's anice car, but has two rather annoying problems:

1) The driver's seat makes creaking sounds when taking corners (liketurning right into a parking lot entrance). It's more prone to occurthe longer I've been driving. IOW, less likely to hear the creakingwhen the car is cold.

and

2) The key fob constantly bumps against the dash making a knock, knock,knock sound while driving.

Can anyone confirm that these are problems with the G35 coupe?Solutions?

Thanks.

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

Have the dealer check out the seat problem. It shoud be covered by the warranty.

Not much you can do about thekeyfob. Keys naturally swing with the car's movements. If it really annoys you that much, the only real solution would probably be to have the key separate from all other keys.

J-Owner
Car: 2010 FX35 owner and former owner of an '05 G35 Coupe and a '95 J30T.

My guess on your seat problem would be pressure up against the poorly designed seat controls next to the console.

Try putting your hand in that area and press down and see if the seat control area makes a noise. Mine squeaks like that. If that is the noise you are talking about then I am afraid there is nothing that can be done.

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

What about when you sit in a different postion? Try moving the seat up or down. You could also use some leather cleaner on the seat, armorall on the console...

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

joe603 wrote:armorall on the console...
Hmmm ... please definitely avoid using Armorall anywhere in your car. It causes premature cracking of leather and plastic surfaces. You can do a search for the posts on this topic!

Z

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

I've been using the armorall wipes for years, with no cracking at all. It's perfect for plastic, not leather! That's what leather conditioner is for...Also, the armorall wipes work great on tires and rubber hoses.

To each his own...

laza945
Car: Infiniti G35

Check the seat belt at the back seats! It has driven me crazzy, initially I have thought about the seat and than I found out it was a seat belt on the back seat.Hope this helps, i

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”