G35 Coupe: Instrument Dimmer Switch Question

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
oberkorn

On my car, the "instrument brightness control switch" doesn't operate like any other car I've owned to date. I wonder if the switch is broken. If the headlights are on, the switch has two settings: VERY BRIGHT or VERY DIM. There's nothing in-between! If the headlights are off, the switch doesn't work at all. The instrument lights are super bright with no way to adjust the intensity. Any comments would be appreciated. Thank you.

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

When the lights are off, the dimmer switch doesn't work, that is correct. When the lights are on, mine adjusts from very to very bright. It is a little wheel that you can turn and it will make them brighter or darker.

Do you have a coupe or sedan? What year? Maybe there are difference in the models and years. I'm not sure.

And, welcome to NICO Oberkorn.

oberkorn

I own a 2004 G35 Sport Coupe. I was playing with the dimmer switch today and it's working exactly as you stated. Thanks for the reply.

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

No problem, be sure to post up some pictures of your car in the member's ride section.

vq35de
Car: G35 Sedan Leather 6MT

i relocated my dimmer switch and vdc off button to my center console just behind my shifter where the seat warmer buttons are.

much more convenient

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”