G35 Cabin Air Filter

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
johnsha
Car: G35, Dodge Grand Caravan ES, Saab 9-5 Aero

Just purchased a '03 G35 Sedan, the car has 26k miles and the Cabin air filter was never changed out at 15k mi.

Can anyone give me instructions on how to change out the cabin air filter?I believe you can get to it through the glove box!...?

Johnsha

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Have you purchased your fileter yet? I believe the filter comes with instructions.

But here it goes.

You need a phillips head screw driver and about 15 minutes. Passenger side under the glove box there is a plastic panel, pull down on the panel, it is held in with a couple of clips. Then remove the nut on the side kick plate. Remove the weather stripping next by pulling it towards the seat . Next remove the bottom 2 screws of the glove box, then the top 4 screws and pull down. There are a couple of clamps that hold in there as well. Now pop off the white door housing the filter and replace filter and put everything back together.

Check our sponsors for purchasing the filter. You can probably get a better deal than going through a dealer.

johnsha

Ryan:

Thanks for the instructions.I have not purchased a filter yet.Is there any difference in a OEM versus an aftermarket Purolator from Advance or PepBoys?

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

johnsha wrote:Is there any difference in a OEM versus an aftermarket Purolator from Advance or PepBoys?
Absolutely.

nearly all filters ( air fuel etc) you can buy aftermarket ,OEM is better, only exception sare some real high end oil filters and some of the premium aftermarket will will all be more $$ than OEM.

Here are some links to dealers selling OEM on the net, at a hefty discount ( and sponsoring our forums to boot!)

Pinnacle Infiniti:http://www.nissanparts.org/

Midway Infinitihttp://www.trademotion.com/spl...14024

These are just 2 examples But i know you will find what you need.

Tell them you are from here a site they sponsor.

Fred..

yukonhawk
Car: 2003 G35/5AT/Garnet Red

Hi ryd,

Just curious if you can elaborate on the instructions you gave to the other forum member on the replacement of the G-35 cabin air filter? Yesterday I attempted to replace it. Is the air filter inside the blower unit itself? If it is then I'll be good to go. I guess I got confused by the square metal box to the right of the white blower unit. I just didn't want to "screw" anything up. Thanks for any help you can lend.

Paul

nnkfws333
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35 and a 1989 Nissan 240SX

Hey I bought a purolator cabin air filter for $12 at Discount Auto Parts and it works well for me then $30 from the factory. They look identical to me but try this link.

http://eportfolio.babson.edu/2...e.htm

btw when you take out the filter, there was no metal casing like the picture shows on my 2004 G35 coupe.

Good luck!

johnsha

nnkfws333:

That link was awesome. I am getting ready to turn 30k mi. I'll use that when I change out the cabin micro filter!

John Sha'03 G35 Sedan'00 Saab 9-5 Aero'01 Dodge Grand Caravan ES

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Thanks for the link John. That explains it better than me.

nnkfws333
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35 and a 1989 Nissan 240SX

Im not John...Im Nghi =P

rlmomc
Car: 2004 G35

Just one thing to say. THANKS! Goes to show that the on;y dumb question is the one that isn't asked. And that there are people out here that will take the time to answer it. From my first question about ipod a years ago to this one about the air filter. Thanks again! Richard

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”