G35 AWD or 6MT

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
henry_mark0

I am planning to buy a G35..... Which one is the best? I understand that AWD is automatic with a manual mode. I would always prefer manual. But I think 6 Manual Transmission models are RWD. I need a MT with AWD. Does Nissan customize for it customers.

CheersHenry

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

henry_mark0 wrote:I am planning to buy a G35..... Which one is the best? I understand that AWD is automatic with a manual mode. I would always prefer manual. But I think 6 Manual Transmission models are RWD. I need a MT with AWD. Does Nissan customize for it customers.Henry
Henry: Welcome to our humble club!!!

About your question:

I dont think MT with AWD is easy to accomplish.Your dealer likely wont even consider it.It could possibly be accomplished at huge expense in money at very high end specialty performance shops and even they would ahve problems with ECU issues unles it was a place with -in house ECU reflash fior this application.

The ECU codes for the 05 G35 havent been cracked by anyone yet technosquare isnt even done carking the codes for many 04's that have tons of customers waiting money in hand.

I think your best chocie would be to buy the 6MT and throw on Blizzaks or similiar snow/ice tires when it gets snowy.

All seasons dontcut it an any car in real winter weather.

your 6MT shod with premium snow tires, would likely outperform the AWD version with mere All seasons.

Fred...

PS: My 350Z does just fine with snow tires.

RB25DET

wait for the new skyline, i believe i read over real briefly that it'll be 6MT/AWD. Pickup Sport Compact Car.

nnkfws333
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35 and a 1989 Nissan 240SX

RB25DET wrote:wait for the new skyline, i believe i read over real briefly that it'll be 6MT/AWD. Pickup Sport Compact Car.
Well I don't know if this guy can afford a $70k car now....I mena $35k is a lot of money already.

accel junky

Yeah the new skyline will carry a high price tag.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”