g35 and 350z hp difference?

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
eliterit
Car: pignose

hello all, im thinking about purchasing either a g or a z soon, and i couldnt find the thread explaining why the z has 7 more horsepower and some more odd torque than the G.

I know this probably has been discussed before, so someone please point me towards that thread..

and i did search

canton_g35

for the most part it's marketing. Both the Z and G are putting down the same power on a dyno. The only real differences between the two cars are the intake tube, airbox and 200 lbs.

my deciding factor was the back seat.

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

^^What he said.

The major difference is the intake/airbox and the Z is a little lighter. I think the Z is saying 287hp and the G is at 280. However, the '05 G will have 295hp, I'm not sure about the Z.

The Z is a pure performance/sports car whereas the G is more of a performance luxury 2+2 car. That is the major reason I got the G over the Z. I wanted the luxury items and the back seat and still have nearly the same performance of the Z. The biggest difference performance wise of course is the driver. There won't be big differences in performance feel between the G and Z.

Keep us posted as to what you choose. There isn't a wrong choice here. Both are excellent cars.

eliterit

well i went the nissan and infiniti dealership today and i am definitly set on the g. i did test drive a z and was impressed with the power,, and it was even an automatic.

the saleslady at the infiniti dealer said to call her back in a week and she'd definitly get me a price on the 05 g35, and that they're already ordering them.

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

You may be the first NICO member with an 05 G35. Which 05 model would you go with? I would recommend the sport model with the 19 inch wheels, 295hp, 6mt. That is the car I want at least.

canton_g35

rydwhite wrote:You may be the first NICO member with an 05 G35. Which 05 model would you go with? I would recommend the sport model with the 19 inch wheels, 295hp, 6mt. That is the car I want at least.

I was told they don't expect to have the sport models until Dec. The sport models are the ones with the power increase.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

It might be a good value to go with a 6 speed 04.The extra gear gonna cost $$ and the 19 inch wheels will drive up operating costs by a not insignificant margin even by the standards of a well-to-do demographic.

Fred..:)

eliterit

yeah, i definitly want the 6speed 295 hp version, but depending on the cost,, it maybe a better value to go with an 04,, but next week they said they'll let me know on the price at least.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”