G25 connetion to Android

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
cynmwilson
Car: 2011 G25 Sedan

I've been doing a lot of research on this issue with no results so I thought I would try asking on here.

I have a 2011 G25 Sedan no navigation. I have bluetooth calls but no blue tooth audio. I used to be able to conect my iphone as an ipod and play music off my phone, pandora, spotify whatever. I got an android and no longer can connect my phone to the audio with the usb port. Does anyone know if this is a possibility? Or if I need to buy something, or if I should just take it to have aux installed? So far I have found nothing.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

If it works with an IPhone and doesn't work with Android then it would appear that Android is the problem.

Good luck

Telcoman

rolliedogg
Car: 2011 Infiniti G25x

I recently bought a 2011G25x. Quite surprised there were no way to get music from my Android phone. No Aux input. No audio BT. Only connection is for an IPod/iPhone USB.

I've researched for hours - looking at hardware mods, etc. Well as of this morning, I was streaming Pandora and playing local stored music from my Android phone. It was easy, fast and free.

I am using the HFP BlueTooth connection that is used for pairing your phone for phone calls. I downloaded an app called BTMusic. There are several other apps that are similar. I paired my phone, start the app and then stream or play play music on my phone. The music comes thru the car speakers. Volume is very good and quality is acceptable. The screen shows a phone connection and has timer showing length of call. Obviously no steering controls etc., but remember it was free, quick and easy.

So the app is just "tricking" the car into connecting your phone as it would for a phone call.
Last edited by Rogue One on Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deleted duplicate post.

E_TRANE
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

rolliedogg wrote:I recently bought a 2011G25x. Quite surprised there were no way to get music from my Android phone. No Aux input. No audio BT. Only connection is for an IPod/iPhone USB.

I've researched for hours - looking at hardware mods, etc. Well as of this morning, I was streaming Pandora and playing local stored music from my Android phone. It was easy, fast and free.

I am using the HFP BlueTooth connection that is used for pairing your phone for phone calls. I downloaded an app called BTMusic. There are several other apps that are similar. I paired my phone, start the app and then stream or play play music on my phone. The music comes thru the car speakers. Volume is very good and quality is acceptable. The screen shows a phone connection and has timer showing length of call. Obviously no steering controls etc., but remember it was free, quick and easy.

So the app is just "tricking" the car into connecting your phone as it would for a phone call.

FYI
This "BTMusic" Method works but the quality is very poor.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”