G20 headlight issue...help!

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
SmashedG20
Car: 2002 Infiniti g20

Hey all, new to the forum, new to Infiniti or any Nissan product really.
I recently acquired a 2002 g20 to use as my daily. It was given to me with a broken axle, worn clutch, and damage to both front fenders just behind the turn signal lights.
I replaced the clutch and axle now this thing drives great!
My issue is both low beams do not turn on, all I have is high beams. I replaced the bulbs checked the relays and all fuses everything seems to check out. Along with the highs only issue, only half of the dash lights turn on.
I checked contuity from the switch to the plugs, on both sides with high beams on, the highbeem blades have coninuity lows do not, negative blade does too.
When switched to low beams passenger side has continuity on low blade, and negative blade but not on highbeem.
Driver side has continuity on all three blades.
I'm thinking the issue is either in the wiring or the switch itself. If anyone has any insight or has dealt with this problem I would greatly appreciate any advice you can give me.
Thanks,
Rocky

04pathse
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

I would say most likely the switch is bad, there are several used ones on eBay right now...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/99-00-01-02-IN ... mH&vxp=mtr

macgiver

mac , your saying a lot about "continuity" we don't specifically know from "A to B" that your testing , but of course your completely on the right track , my tip would be GROUNDS , for they are "clustered" connections , of the Utmost importance , thus "Kill many birds w/one stone" , & manytimes overlooked and/or not cleaned & dressed thoroghly enough :tisk: , but I'm sure your getting to that aspect . G 2/28/2018

SmashedG20

Thanks for the ebay suggestion, if that is what it is I will definitely be using that!

Mac, I do plan on tracking down all the grounds this weekend and cleaning up anything that needs it. At the time of testing my multi-meter had a dead battery, so I used a test light to check continuity. With the help of a new battery I'm hoping to track down the issue this weekend with the multi-meter working properly.

I've also read something about a Battery saver relay of some sort???
Can anyone elaborate on this thing?

04pathse
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

SmashedG20 wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:24 am

I've also read something about a Battery saver relay of some sort???
Can anyone elaborate on this thing?
Well, I looked at the FSM and I believe the troubleshooting chart showed that the battery saver relay could be bad if the low beams and high beams are not working. But you said your high beams work so I don't think it would be the issue here.

SmashedG20

Ok Path, thanks for finding that. I'll go ahead and rule that out for now.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”