G owner looking to become an FX owner need feedback!!

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
J-Owner
Car: 2010 FX35 owner and former owner of an '05 G35 Coupe and a '95 J30T.

Hey guys,

I am new to the FX side of things, been on the G side for four years and J side prior to that. I am looking to buy an new FX and was hoping some '09 owners could chime in with some feedback. You know likes, dislikes, dependability, gas mileage, comfort, etc.

How good is the technology on it, is nav user friendly and well thought out? Is the tech package worth it?

I recently sold my Mercedes CLS (I rarely drove it) and looking to sell the G in the coming months as I am tired of having a sports car and I need an SUV. Any feedback would be great. I have been searching the site but thought I would create a post and see if you all could help me out.

Thanks!

atlex35
Car: 2006 Red/Black G35 Coupe and 2009 Black/Black FX35

Check out the link. I bought an EX first and traded it in for 09 FX35 with Nav and Premium packages.

zer...-fx35

The technology in the car is well done. Everything works together. The Nav system would be better if they took off the safe guards for data entry while driving. iPod control is very user friendly. Bluetooth connects and works easily with both my BB Storm and wife's Instinct.

Interior layout flows well. Seats look great and are comfortable. Rear seats can fit 3 adults without a problem.

My one dislike is the 7spd tranny. It's great for highway cruising but in traffic (speeds under 40mph) the tranny is always hunting for the correct gear. It jerks into gear somethings. Driving in DS mode with the paddles shifters is a lot of fun! I still own the 06 G35 coupe and the gearing in that 5spd is far better than the new FX.

Let me know if you have any detailed questions.

-John

I always wanted to have a J30t as a daily driver

atlex35

I would also suggest getting the Deluxe Touring package. The 20s look so much better than the 18s.

J-Owner
Car: 2010 FX35 owner and former owner of an '05 G35 Coupe and a '95 J30T.

I will probably catch hell for saying this but the J30 was one of the best cars Infiniti has ever done. I sure loved that car and really really hated to part with it but she had 130K miles and I got the new car fever so I got the G. If they still made that car I would just keep buying it. It was incredibly comfortable.

As for the FX and deluxe package, mu only concern is that with the 18's the ride tends to be smoother, which is really important to me. With the 20's you get into the ride and feel I have with the G and after four years of being thrown around and shaken like a milkshake I really want something soft and smooth.

Of course I would like to have the maple wood interior which is on the delux package and the only things I was interested in in that package. Don't you love how they throw that one things you want in with three other things you could care less about in order to get you to drop another $2,000.......pathetic.

Inventories right now, I am told, are so low that finding one I like will be a challenge. I am interested in white with tan or java interior or liquid platinum with tan or java interior. I think those combos are hot!

Packages would be premium, nav, tech and entertainment. I figure it will price out about $54k. Would be great if I could get it for about $48K or under. They aren't exactly flying off the lot right now but I haven't started the dealings so it is getting close to e-mailing the three dealerships in town and let them start fighting over each other.

If I don't get the deal I want then I already have a very attractive offer to purchase a MB GLK350 4matic from the salesman that sold me my previous CLS, I may go that route.

atlex35

I still look around for used J30s. I would think RWD with 300z engine would be a great daily

The ride a lot smoother with the 18s. It's night/day when I switch between the G and FX.

You can definitely get a deal on the FX. The dealer I worked with here in GA has a huge selection of colors. If you ever consider looking out-of-state let me know. I can ask my sales person to track one down for you.

I actually like the GLKs. Especially the models with the appearence package.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”