G may be recalled

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Sack35

Dammit - I want my car to be perfect. It could be worse, though. My old accord was recalled because a bad wiring installation was threatening to cause engine fires. I'd rather have trouble starting the engine than flames under the hood.

Sucks mostly for Nissan - 2.56 million cars recalled? Oi.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Good catch Ryan!

Some words of explanation ofr members:

This is a very voluntary honor system recall.I think as vehicles come into dealers for routine service, they will just update as needed.

A recall doesnt neccessarily mean all vehicles must come in right away.

Also this isn't safety related and I have not heard of any starting problems on G35's yet.So its not something that will detract from your car nad if it does,.. voila-->free fix.

If you compare how the big 3 ( see also a thread on Ford in Infinti general) cover-up even major defects or let customers pay $1000's for them,... I think this shows just what a class act this company is.

Fred..:)

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Yeah, nissan has done this before too, recalled sesveral million cars.

I have heard of a few people have starting problems. They had to try a couple of times, but nothing that was dangerous.

I am guessing that Infiniti will send out a notice to owners just like they did the brake lamp switch. We will soon see.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”