G 35 interior question

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
gtr96uf

hey all....im very close to buying a '03 couple...does anyone know if i can get a center armrest if i go with the 6 speed model? the dealer tells me that the full armrest is only availble on the automatic. but i have actualy seen 1 coupe that was a 6 speed and had a armrest, not as big as the automatic...none the less, it was better than nothing. can anyone help me out here?thanks

bthomson2
Car: Computer Geek, My dogs

Just FYI you can get an armrest in the coupe. However, it is not the same length as the sedan. It is a much shorter version! It only allows for a two-drink holder or small cubby space. It does not reach my arm for it to "rest" on at all. I suppose if you are a taller person, (I'm 5'6") it would serve only to interfere with your elbow during a shift to 2nd, 4th, or 6th. Hope this helps.

Brenda

Aries
Car: LT1 240SS

yep, it's an elbo slammer when racing a 6 speed ;)

Richatchase
Car: People's pursuit of making money.

My 6mt came with a little kit that eliminates the flip open compartment on the armrest. It was there to make shifting easier. You may want to ask at the dealer if you didn't get one. It really eliminates the elbow banging.

bthomson2
Car: Computer Geek, My dogs

Mine came with the same kit. However, the armrest does not interfere with my elbow.

Brenda

tomiata

I seem to remember reading somewhere recently that Infiniti made a mid-model yr change to the 6-speeds to include an armrest. Check with your dealer. You may want to check-out some of the cars currently on the lot first to be certain B4 you talk to the parts guy (who may not know).

Richatchase
Car: People's pursuit of making money.

I was told the only change to the mid year models was having the factory enabled hook up for the satellite radio. Other than that, there were no changes and there isn't an official 2003.5. Some people are just calling them a 2003.5 due to the radio change. There also is no 2003.5 listed in the new car guide either and that is usually a sign of the manufacturer not manufacturing a true 2003.5. I could be misinformed though.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

There is a small number of mid -year running changes, the totality of which is called 2003.5 by the online community and even the occaisional dealer.

Fred...:)

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”