FYI stillen oil pan does not fit 07 fx35 awd

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
sultan

i know it's not listed for the fx but i figured it would bolt up since it's for the g/z.

the bolt holes don't line up, i'm thinking it's because of the awd that it doesn't fit. looking up with the oil pan off you can also see a tube going from the tcase to the axle so i'm thinking the awd stuff is totally different from rwd. it also looks like you may have to space the swaybar to get it to clear the oil pan if it works on rwd.

maybe this was common knowledge but i hadn't seen anything about it. also failed trying to put on a tranny cooler because there's no place to run the lines without cutting holes in the car.

oh well :frown: these parts would have been nice for the 900 mile trip to nc towing my bike next weekend.

sultan

you can see the awd thingy on the right of this pic, which is the back side. that arrow points to the front of the car

InfinitiEric

That sucks :frown:. Do they have a return policy?

sultan

no, what sucks is i didn't realize it wouldn't work until after i removed the stock pan which is basically glued on. i held it up and it looked like it would work so then i removed the stock pan.

i bought it from thenismoshop.com (west covina nissan) on ebay so i dunno, i'm just going to try to sell it local.

installed a plenum spacer while waiting for the silicone gasket junk to cure, lost 2 washers somewhere (NOT in the plenum, i checked) while trying to put the upper plenum back on. shouldn't hurt anything so i don't really care.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”