FX45 Blown Motor Question

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
joshislegend
Car: FX45

Hello,

I tried using the search however it didnt forage any answers.

I have a 2004 FX45. With a blown motor.

I was looking at a used Vk45DE with transmission from a 2004 m45. However the site says that it is only compatible with the Q45, and M45; I believe this is because the transmission is still attached. Can anyone provide me with information that this motor will work (if separated from transmission) with my vehicle?

I would also appreciate if someone can provide me with any links to any VK45DE's for sale ( I already checked this forum )

InfinitiEric

It's the same engine as what you already have with the blown engine. No issues with replacement.

joshislegend

Anywhere where I can validate this information. (I just want to be 100% sure)

InfinitiEric

Your Infiniti Dealership? Talk to a service technician there.

joshislegend

UPDATE:

The motor from an M45 or Q45 will not work. The starters are on opposite sides. This is information I obtained from Infiniti.

InfinitiEric

Good to know. A fabricator would still have no problem with relocating the starter but it appears as if you are looking for a drop-in solution.

Socaldiablo
Car: 2004 Infiniti QX56 - Black on Willow
2016 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Black on Black
2006 Ducati ST3
2008 Kawasaki KLX450r

joshislegend wrote: I have a 2004 FX45. With a blown motor.
Just curious, what happened to your original motor? I, too, have an 04' FX45 that has run flawless to date but am now curious to know if there are things I should be aware of.

Also, good luck with your engine search. You can't find a used replacement? Have you thought of buying a brand new one. Sites like www.infinitipartsusa.com sell them. I just checked and they sell this one for $6,120.71. Strangely, the FX35 engine sells for over $1K more :confused: .Also, I know the FX45 had limited sales in the US and so finding a decent used engine will be tough but you might be able to drop in an FX35 engine since there are tons more of these models driving around. Surely, it would be easier to find a decent used one ...the downside is that now you've got a V-6 engine with an FX45 badge on the car, not a great talking point when you go to sell it or trade it in (if you ever plan to do that).

Steve

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”