FX45 2005 Main Unit Sound problem

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
soovizzy
Car: Infiniti FX 45

I just recently got a problem where the sound from the radio works just fine, but from the CD-Changer the right channel sound is gone...I get the impression that there is a cable somewhwre that is loose, since sometimes it works...

Question:How do a demount the head unit in an FX45 -05 and to sort out the cabling problem from the CD-Changer to the main unit.

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

Hey there,

The issue you describe seems like an internal radio failure. The only way to fix it once and for all is to either replace that radio/CD changer unit or have it repaired. I would try to find a radio repair shop that does that type of work. Since you are in Sweden I cannot recommend someone to you but short circuit has worked with several Nico members and they may be able to help you out. Check out there link below.

soovizzy

Can anyone tell me who is the manufacturer of the radio and the modell number then i might be able to find a shop that can help out

fbpem1

i don't have access to that info at the moment since its sunday and i'm not at work haha.

Clarion makes the radio

Also please don't rule out the possiblity of the amp going out i have seen a handful of them go out on fx's. The amp is in the back of the car where the spare tire is on the right hand side underneath the plastic cover.

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

That could very well be the case.

If it were the radio I think buying one from either ebay or contacting short circuit to see if you can ship a radio internationally. I do not know if there are any repair shops for these types of radios in Sweden.

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

soovizzy

New update,,,,Made an eject of CD 2 and then mounted it again,,then the sound worked all day, until just now on my way home...Tried the eject again,,did not work..Tried my right fist on the dashboard...the sound comes and goes..

So the radio model might be good to have and maybe a circuit map of the radio.....and how to dismount the radio in the car..

Infinit has told me to go to Netherlands to get it fixed,,its just a 20 hours drive and a ferrie....

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

soovizzy wrote:New update,,,,Made an eject of CD 2 and then mounted it again,,then the sound worked all day, until just now on my way home...Tried the eject again,,did not work..Tried my right fist on the dashboard...the sound comes and goes..

So the radio model might be good to have and maybe a circuit map of the radio.....and how to dismount the radio in the car..

Infinit has told me to go to Netherlands to get it fixed,,its just a 20 hours drive and a ferrie....
It does not sound like your head unit is functioning properly. Getting it fixed is pretty much your only option. Is it still under warranty?

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”