FX35 wheel roaring noise

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
dapapers1

Hello forum, I have a 2003 FX35 and I was told that I needed new tires because I heard a roaring noise when I am driving so I assume I would get a set, well I finally got he tires and I still here a loud roaring noise as we drive along. This is even wheel I am leaving the shop with the new tires so that wasnt the problem. I know a buddy mnetioned wheel bearing or cv axle but I am curious of some of yor experiences with the your FX

seldomseen
Car: '12 Altima Coupe 3.5 SR & '15 Lexus GS350 F Sport

The 03+ FX and 02+ Q45's are known to have wheel bearing problems! Depending on the mileage/age of the car your power train warranty should cover the cost of replacement of a bad wheel bearing.

dapapers1

Ok guys I take it in to the dealer today and they tell me the wheel bearing on both sides need to be changed but they also tell me of you are (2) weeks out of your warranty so it will be 500 per side. I know a wheel bearing does not cost that much to change aint that a blip. Not by mileage but but date on the warranty WOW

seldomseen
Car: '12 Altima Coupe 3.5 SR & '15 Lexus GS350 F Sport

Ain't that a blip? Go to InfinitiPartsUSA and order the wheel bearings and have a competent mechanic install them. You should come out saving a several hundred dollars. It's just difficult to find competent mechanics that know how to work on Infinities and fix issues correctly the first time.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”