FX35 Driver side door hard to close especially when it's cold

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
bokito
Car: #Infiniti FX35 AWD '05 DG, Technology/Navigation/Touring/Entertainment
#Nissan Rogue '08 SL AWD

Hey guys OK, this is my first Infiniti. I got the FX35 last year in November. It's a 2005, with 55k km. Fully loaded, except sport package.

Since day one, drive side door was always hard to close but got progressively worse as the temps dropped below 0 C. Issue is that I have to slam the door few times before it would close. Now, if I drive the car for an hour, when it warms ups inside, door is much easier to close, but not even close as the other 3 doors.

I have no manufacturer warranty, just an extended one but that's gay warranty , it doesn't cover door issue, unless the door actuator is actually broken.

Dealer sprayed lines inside the door few times, with all different kinds of de-icer's and what not but no avail.

- I would love to know what could possibly cause this? - Is the door maybe out of alignment a bit? - If I push the door slowly to close, I don't hear that first click, like you can hear it on other 3 doors. - I feel so ashamed to have to slam the door so many times to close it. - Also, 4 months after I purchased the car, passenger side door wouldn't lock via remote. Extended warranty thankfully covered that($420) to have the actuator replaced.

- Dealer has no idea what could be wrong. I was gonna even pay them 2hrs labour to take the door panel and inspect&lubricate everything, but they advised me not to do it, since it would not make a difference.

rontek
Car: Had -2008 Infiniti EX35 Now - 2009 Infiniti FX50S

I could be wrong, but it sounds to me like the car was in some sort of accident on the drivers side. I am also a little suspicious that the dealer was reluctant to try to figure out what's wrong. If it's the same dealer where you purchased it, they may be aware of the prior damage. I would take it to a reputable body shop and have them check it out. They should be able to tell if it's the door itself that is misaligned, or if the body panels, frame, or locking mechanism is causing the problem.

Ron

FRITZ35
Car: 2010 FX-35 Umbria

I just purchased a brand new FX35 and the passenger door doesn't close easily as do the other doors. I put on a little stick lube on the catch, without any luck. It looks as if it is adjusted in too tight, as compared with the driver's door. I will bring this to attention of the service department when I go for the first oil change. If I knew how to adjust the catch, I would adjust it myself. Does anyone know how to do this adjustment? We have a restoration shop at work and can handle just about anything, but without the service manual, hate to try.

Modified by FRITZ35 at 10:15 PM 12/19/2009

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”