FX35 Bose Sub Working Intermittently

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
rrack

The rear sub mounted on top of the spare keeps cutting out. I've pulled it out a couple times and checked the plug wiring and wiggled everything around. I used to think that something was lose since it would sometimes come back on when I hit a bump. I've even gone as far as opening up the amp and resoldering everything and cleaning the main harness leads. It is still doing it. Basically, after a couple of minutes it cuts out then back on a few minutes later. It will do this merely sitting in the driveway. I'm thinking something is either overloaded (bad thermal) or maybe that relay in there. Any ideas? I hadn't checked with repairs from Bose yet. I know that I had sent my door speakers from my old Q and had them rebuild them years ago. I just wanted to see if it's something easy before I spend more money.

Thanks much,
Robert

Wo Phat
Car: Infinity FX 35

my 2005 fx35 is doing the same thing.......my guess is the signal from the bose system is going bad. previous maxima had the bose radio replaced multiple times and i'm thinking this is what is happening again. :frown:

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”