FX35 / 37 / QX70 Questions before Committing

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
dje31

Hello, all. First poster here.

I've liked the FX since its initial introduction, and would have bought a 1st gen, but we had small kids and space considerations at the time, and needed more room and a third row, at least on occasion.

Fast forward to present: now empty nesters, don't need third-row, etc. My company will give me a company car, and I have input on the matter.

On a recent trip to Toronto, I rented a QX70, as I like to try-before-I-buy whenever possible.

I know this model is about to be moth-balled, which doesn't bother me, but noticed a few items I'd like experts and those in-the-know to comment on, please.

Realizing it was a rental, and didn't have all the bells-and-whistles, I noticed:

- Infotainment screen wasn't that infotaining. Graphics looked dated, like a PC-based VGA resolution. Not touch-sensitive either. I don't want or need an iPad's Retina screen, but it seemed a bit low rent. I'd think it could be upgraded with a firmware bump, at least for graphics, but wouldn't make it a touch-panel. Do Tech / Premium / Sport / Limited packages upgrade this at all?

- No Bluetooth audio streaming from my phone. Is this addressed in higher trim levels?

- No lane-change blinker, i.e., a partial flip of the stalk gives 3-5 blinks when changing lanes in traffic. Hard to believe this isn't standard throughout the trims. We just bought our daughter a college car, a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and it's on there. Again, is it on higher trims?

Love the way the thing looks, drives well, nicely weighted steering, plenty of get-up-and-go. Brake pedal was a bit spongey. But some of the tech features were disappointingly sparse or out-of-date.

Would love to hear thoughts from folks with real-world experience. Thanks in advance.

EdBwoy

Hello, I don't own an FX and unfortunately can't answer most of your questions, except perhaps this:
No lane-change blinker, i.e., a partial flip of the stalk gives 3-5 blinks when changing lanes in traffic. Hard to believe this isn't standard throughout the trims. We just bought our daughter a college car, a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and it's on there. Again, is it on higher trims?
I don't think any of the foreign cars I've owned did any special tricks while changing lanes. I had a 97 Dodge Avenger, and a partial flip of the switch (and holding it in that position) would make the turn signals blink rapidly. I hope it was by design rather than error, but I liked it :gapteeth:
I think it's something you'd have to contend with in any Nissan product

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”