FX35 09 Radio Autoswitches to iPod (+ Tune2Air Streaming!)

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
mkay18

I recently posted this same topic on infinitifx.org. Sorry of you've seen it before....

I have some info to share and a question:

I am a proud 2009 FX35 owner. Best car I have ever owned. I know that the stock iOS integration is pretty weak by today's standards, but I have been very successful keeping things functionally current.

I successfully integrated the iPhone 4S with the iPod adapter by incorporating a Griffin power converter and a CableJive extension cable (I found the Scosche unstable). I have the iPhone cradled in a ProClip dock mounted on a Panavise bracket. So Cool!

Now that I have an iPhone 6, I decided not to mess with the wired connection and instead figure out how to get the audio stream and data of the phone to connect via Bluetooth. Ok, so that is really not standard, and I discovered that most Bluetooth iPhone dock adapters won't carry the data signal to the radio.

Except.... I decided to try the more expensive Tune2Air Bluetooth adapter.... Success! I can confirm that Tune2Air works beautifully in my 09 FX35! Not only does the Tune2Air play the audio stream, but the song titles, artists and other data are also transmitted wirelessly!

So here is the problem/question: the radio automatically switches to the iPod input as soon as it detects the presence of the iPhone. This happens in both the old wired setup AND in the new Tune2Air setup. I did notice that if the iPhone (or iPod) stays plugged in when the car power is cycled, the radio keeps the previous input intact. But that's not practical for a phone that comes and goes.

Any idea how to force the radio to disregard the new iPod connection and stay on the current input and allow me to manually switch to the iPod input when I want to?

Any help would be appreciated!

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”