FX in Snow

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
FX-ESQ

We've had a bit of a winter storm in the northeast today, and I've had the first chance to have the FX out in the snow. In a word - awesome! It never hesitated, even on fairly sttp, unplowed hills, and as long as I stayed light on the throttle, it went just where I wanted it to go. Last winter I drove a Wrangler with 31x10.5 M&S tires on it, and the FX was just as capable - and a whole lot more comfortable . . . . I'm a happy camper!

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Sounds great!!:fruit

What is your current tire fitment?

Please take us some pics in the FX in the snow and piost them here:http://www.nissaninfiniticlub.net/photopost/

Fred..:)

YSWEATME
Car: Infiniti FX 35 Sport Package, Honda Accord EX, Ford Mustang GT, Honda CBR 600 F4

I've got to admit. I was pretty surprised at how my FX handled in the snow, as well. I'm in the North East too and I had an Eddie Bauer Explorer before my FX. It had 16'' all-terrain tires on it and 4-wheel drive (w/locking diff. - high/low) so needless to say it handled very well in deep snow. I honestly wasn't expecting much from the FX, but it hasn't been too bad. Although I haven't tried, nor will I try (probably), to bash it in the snow the way I did my Explorer, the FX handled very well.

Now if I can just get up the nerve to allow it to get dirty on all of these salty streets. :P

Jax826

I know for Infiniti FX 35/45. Under normal condition, it will deliever most of the torque and power to the rear wheel and makes it a rear wheel drive; however, under certain condition, for example, slip , it will split the torque/power to 50% front and 50% back.This design is better for fuel economy, but I found it not so great for driving in snow. I feel.. it kinda slip all the time..Unless I turn on the AWD lock..then it is a bit better. I guess this is because it gives most of the torque to the rear wheel ?

When I drive a Mercedes ML. I dont feel this kinda slip at all. Why is that?

P.S. I am using 20' wheel /w stock all season tires on my FX

Return to “Murano Forum”