future skyline purchase please help

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
SeSS4oIL
Car: selling my soul to the U.S. government for a skyline

first let me say hello long time reader first time poster

i have a problem that hasnt even risen yet but i would like some help in making my future decision since i have just joined the ARMY and will ship out for basic in feburary and i may not be able to get advice before my purchase i dont see myself buying a skyline for about two years so as to have the cash for the buywhat i do know is i want an all wheel drive all wheel steering turbo charged preferably nissan car so naturally i chose the skyline GTR (i also fell in love with it the first time i saw it online)

my questions are would it be a better choice to purchase an R-32 R-33 or an R-34 i want the wieght of the R-32 but i want the super hicas of the R-34 so does the light R-32 handle better than the super hicas R-34but once your used to the regular all wheel drive and no rear steering would it be mabye easier to control in a drifti could also see getting more street races with an R-32 than with an R-34 and then the handling doesnt matter but i love to fly around corners in my 240sxthe R-32 doesnt look bad at all and i like the R-33 but i love the styling of the R-34 so im mostly leaning towards the R-34 but if i can save some cash with the R-33 and put it towards mods then so be it im hopeing in two years either GTR will be available for under $36,000 im wanting to do most of the mods myself so it may just be a stock skyline

im also worried about the legal side of importing the ARMY will bring over three cars for me (:Dfree of charge:D)but im wondering if i have to contact a registered importer so as not to go to jail along with the first speeding ticket i get (and i plan on quite a few)ive read that you have to replace the windshield and someother things i cant remember right now and also detune it? what exactly does this includealso how much does it cost to replace the parts detune the GTR and get someone to fill out the paper work if any

THANKS in advance for the help with this difficult decision

P.S. i was a die hard chevy lover ford hater ignorant to real technology before i owned a nissan and had my eyes ripped open by reviews and mpg's of a real MAN's car thanks again

Dori Dori
Car: Cars of course

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/....html

For your q's about importation.

SeSS4oIL
Car: selling my soul to the U.S. government for a skyline

laughing my *** off i guess not many liked that posthahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahhahahaha

nlzmo400r
Car: cars

well im not too informed about all the legality for that, i know u can g oto motoRex.com to look for the legals and such, and as far as the handling aspect of it, all of the skylines (GT-Rs) have close to the same speed and handling, and ofcourse the r-34 is a lil faster than all of them, but for a price as well, if money is going to b tight, yet u still want to mod your skyline, then it would probably b best to go with an r-33, tons of mods available, cheaper than the 34, looks and handles a lil better than the 32 as well as being a lil bit faster, the 34 would b the ultimate, but i understand just as much as anything esle, not everyone is rich, however if ur willing to sit with a stock skyline and wait on financial pickup, then get the 34, hope this helps atleast a lil bit man, good luck, keep 'us', (well me anyway) posted :)

Toad[^_^]

Dori Dori wrote:http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/....html

For your q's about importation.

Wow, I think it would be cheaper to just move to a country where the car is legal...

andrave
Car: assorted

dude that anime thing in your sig is awesome.

BB Turbo
Car: 2007 Nissan Titan KC, 1992 Nissan 240sx Coupe

Haha, just about a year since the last post on this thread.

Toad[^_^]

BB Turbo H C S15 wrote:Haha, just about a year since the last post on this thread.

Better late than never...
andrave wrote:dude that anime thing in your sig is awesome.

Yeah, I ganked it from the first link in my sig, which someone else ganked from another site...

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”