Future 03 m45 owner

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
grncobra

Hello,

I have been lurking for the past 2 months and thought that I would finally post and say "hello". I have decided to close the chapter in my life that involves muscle cars and move onto something with more style, comfort, & maturity. I saw the 2003 M45 @ the L.A. Auto Show and immediately fell in love. I love the bold lines, the sharp muscular look, and what lurks under the hood .At heart I’m a Ford fan boy and love anything that is not an import. That is why I questioned myself when I fell for the 03 M45. A career change also has me craving comfort & style. I drive all over So Cal so my cobra now is not suited for long drives and traffic jams. I had a few questions for the pros here:1. Nav Package: Is it really worth it? Should I just buy a stripped M45 and install my own GPS or should I keep searching for a used M with a Nav Package. Should have the factory software installed at a dealer for 1K – 3K?

2. Oil Consumption:I have looked at several 03 M45s low to high mileage, I have not test drove any of them yet but from what I have read it is a sort of hit or miss when you buy a used M. I guess I just have to pray that the previous owner broke the engine in right.Also how bad is the oil consumption and do you guys change your oil yourselves?

3. Do any of you folks turn the wrenches on your own M’s? I did on my cobra but It seems to me that’s not possible after looking at the engine bay.

Sorry for such a long post. I will indeed miss my cobra but I think if I find a M45 sooner it will soften the blow. I have had my cobra since 1998 and it has been nothing but smiles. I just recently finished achieving the 400 HP mark N/A, and now I have lost my passion for the sport. 400 HP is so much fun but it is not practical…. for me anyways. Strange, because since the beginning of my mustang journey I thought I would be one of those guys driving my original pony when I am old and gray. Life is ever changing, people change, chapters close in your life, but new chapters open too . Thanks for listening folks I hope in the future I can have fun, amusing, comical or even heated conversations with all of you.

Future 03 M45 owner.

Simon A. Chen

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

grncobra wrote:Hello,
Welcome to NICO!
grncobra wrote:I saw the 2003 M45 @ the L.A. Auto Show and immediately fell in love. I love the bold lines, the sharp muscular look, and what lurks under the hood .
Same reason as I!
grncobra wrote:1. Nav Package: Is it really worth it?
I do not have it, so I will not comment on it!
grncobra wrote:2. Oil Consumption:I have looked at several 03 M45s low to high mileage, I have not test drove any of them yet but from what I have read it is a sort of hit or miss when you buy a used M. I guess I just have to pray that the previous owner broke the engine in right.
Or look at the plugs and see if they can tell you something about oil burning.
grncobra wrote:Also how bad is the oil consumption and do you guys change your oil yourselves?
Can be as bad as a quart every 1k miles (sometimes less ) or as "good" as 1/2 (well, less than 1 quart) every 3750 miles - like I am able to achieve.
grncobra wrote:3. Do any of you folks turn the wrenches on your own M’s? I did on my cobra but It seems to me that’s not possible after looking at the engine bay.
I don't ... for more than the tightness reason. In my case, time and a lack of knowledge interfere!
grncobra wrote:Future 03 M45 owner.
Looking forward to it! Again, welcome to NICO!

Z

grncobra

Thanks for the warm welcome Z, I cannot wait to get my M45.

Simon

SIDVICIOUS
Car: GOLF, NEW SON,

Welcome...well maybe..you don't have one yet... I have the 2003 m45 and I would suggest getting the nav system...especially since it will have the voice activation....yes it burns oil.....I lease mine so...... but it burns oil like a mother.....I drive it hard and fast

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”