fuse keeps blowing for room lamp? Help/interior lights and ground don't work

All things Altima Coupe.
Kianothakid
Car: Nissan Altima Coupe 2013

My fuse for my room lamp in the fuse box blows a fuse as soon as I put it a fuse in. The interior lights on the dome don't work and my ground lights also do not work. Any ideas on the cause? anyways to easily fix? Most shops charge $100+ to trace the short circuit per hour. 1 shop charges $50 for a diagnostic and add on depending if they have to take out seats to find the wires. my appointment is 2 days please help

ca18det_boy

You have a short somewhere it sounds like. Unfortunately there isn't really anything that anyone can say that will pinpoint exactly where its at. You just have to go at it with a multimeter and take the time to find it. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, just being honest with you.

Kianothakid

ca18det_boy wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:46 pm
You have a short somewhere it sounds like. Unfortunately there isn't really anything that anyone can say that will pinpoint exactly where its at. You just have to go at it with a multimeter and take the time to find it. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, just being honest with you.
Ok thank you I appreciate it. IS there anyway to say that it has to be connected to those wires of the lights itself? or can it be different wires?

ca18det_boy

You'd have to look at the FSM to find out what else that wire is tapped into. More than likely it's tied in to multiple places and its not dedicated. NICO has a FSM section where you can find the wiring diagram for your car.

Kianothakid

ca18det_boy wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:55 pm
You'd have to look at the FSM to find out what else that wire is tapped into. More than likely it's tied in to multiple places and its not dedicated. NICO has a FSM section where you can find the wiring diagram for your car.
yea I will try to find the FSM section but I most likely will leave it for a professional on Friday. thank you though

jcvLaBala
Car: Infiniti 2012 EX35 Journey

I have the identical problem in my 2012 EX35, it blows the interior lights fuse which is marked Room Lamp. Problem started today, blows replacement fuse immediately.
What turned out to be the problem and fix with your 2013 Altima??

Kianothakid

The problem was a shortage in the roof. Like the cable housing. I️ got it fixed at Nissan but the only downside was my led lights on the bottom don’t work anymore but they fixed it for free but I️ didn’t bother because I️ was supposed to be charged a lot too. So I️ kinda just left it as it is. I️ hope this helps

Kianothakid

jcvLaBala wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:48 pm
I have the identical problem in my 2012 EX35, it blows the interior lights fuse which is marked Room Lamp. Problem started today, blows replacement fuse immediately.
What turned out to be the problem and fix with your 2013 Altima??
The problem was a shortage in the roof. Like the cable housing. I️ got it fixed at Nissan but the only downside was my led lights on the bottom don’t work anymore but they fixed it for free but I️ didn’t bother because I️ was supposed to be charged a lot too. So I️ kinda just left it as it is. I️ hope this helps

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”