FUN Dealership Story... Damages left behind on first visit...

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
tkeskic
Car: 2006 M35x Premium with "Aero Package" + 2010 QX56 AWD 7 Seat/Premium + 2007 MB ML320cdi

I wanted to share with you my almost painfull experances with a dealer on my first service visit;

I took the car in for a few issues;

1) on pickup day they installed a clear rock chip protection on the hood/sides of the car, while doing so scratched the paith and it needed to be buffed out - they didnt notice until I did on the delivery inspection;

2) shortly after getting the car, the driver seat moved on moderate breaking and accellerating.

3) There was a noise related to body movement (turned out to be a loose bolt on one of the sunroof corners)

4) a few other minor issues, like LDW was refusing to turn on sometimes and stayed in malfunction mode...

Since it was my first visit they were very helpfull; and gave me a loaner G35x (which smelled like old mad and wet dog, but none the less a decent , stinky car)

When I got the car back I noticed that the tech, who I had seen wear the latex gloves had left behind grease marks on the head liner, sunroof visor, the pillar next to the driver seat and a few other places.

They had also scratched the dash board, just below the GPS screen, on the pasanger side into the chrome trim, and accross the wood.

I was as you can image, pissed the car had 3100km on it, and was 6 weeks old by the time of my first trip into them;

I brought it back, and they looked at it, buffed out the scratch on the hood, and did a decent job on the dash by the GPS, the chrome trim still needs to be replaced and they washed out the greese in all but the driver side pillar. So they order a new one for there, and the chrome trim will be new now as its not fixable.

its been a few days now, and I dont drive my M every day as I also have a buick regal GS that the lease is up in 12 months and I havea ton KM's left to use up for it to be a decent lease for me. So I took the car out today, and now the "auto upper vent" stopped working - right where they were fixing the scratches by the GPS screen. I'm not sure if this is related, but sure seems funny to me now.

I'm a little pissed at the quality of the work on my very first service visit, and the issues as minor as they are with my new car - it seems like some simple things to take care not the scratch the car when fixing it, not to leave grease finger prints on the fabric and stuff like that;

at the end of the day, the said the seat wiggle was also "normal" and would not fix it

So I went from very impressed to pretty disappointed between parting with my cash, and just after my first visit.

Additionaly, Voice rec for Canadian address doesnt work - I feel mislead on this also. This is my first import and was sold on the hype related to import ownership - and maybe its just me, but this is about the same level of service I was getting from my GM dealer for the last 15 years, and I purchased 2 cars every 4 years or less from them.

Not really sure what to do as this is the only Infiniti dealer in the city so I cant even switch dealers for service. Complaints only seem to make people mad at me, and provided even worse service.

I enjoy the car, asside from the little defects that are likly caused by the dealer trying to fix the first issue, and the lack of interest to fix the seat movement on the drivers side...

anyway - not really expecting anything here... but wanted to vent, not to mention my car fixed proper on the next visit. It was some seriose cash I spent on this, the AWD, premium/Lux model - litterally every option. The factory body kit, extended warranty from infinity, the rock and paint protection, extended tire/rim warranty service etc. Every thing the dealer had to offer I purchased and they made some cash off me thats for sure. full retail also on the car as they are very hard to get here.

tk

MattB
Car: 2001 Infiniti I30A

Find another dealer.

tkeskic
Car: 2006 M35x Premium with "Aero Package" + 2010 QX56 AWD 7 Seat/Premium + 2007 MB ML320cdi

MattB wrote:Find another dealer.
Wish I could they are the only game in town.. the next one is 300km away (or 3 hour drive in good weather each way)

TXSJaybird

Holy crap!

I thought my dealer was bad. Yours takes the cake from what ive heard so far.

The seat movement is NOT normal, at least I dont have it and no one else I know does?? Anyone else?

I think the loaner cars in Houston (G35s) are inhabited by the same wet dog. Man, do those stink!! I always wonder what kind of people are driving those before me that produces that freaking smell? Perhaps its some kind of Infiniti car "de-enhancer?"

Good luck with your dealer, its gotta get better from here, right?

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

I'd be HAPPY to share your story with Corporate (from my address) and provide them with your contact info.

Infiniti is actually REALLY good about acting on shoddy dealership experiences.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Ouch!

That is really sad! Very unusual for an Infiniti dealer. Please definitely call Infiniti Corporate and speak to them ... they will listen and help.

Z

tkeskic

TXSJaybird wrote:I think the loaner cars in Houston (G35s) are inhabited by the same wet dog. Man, do those stink!! I always wonder what kind of people are driving those before me that produces that freaking smell? Perhaps its some kind of Infiniti car "de-enhancer?"
TXSJaybird;Your right - I wonder not so much what kind of people they are, but how would date/marry them... you have to wonder if that was the best they could do - what do they smell like? Fabreeze works wonders BTW; I've resorted to carrying that around with me when I rent a car now...tk

tkeskic

AZhitman wrote:I'd be HAPPY to share your story with Corporate (from my address) and provide them with your contact info.

Infiniti is actually REALLY good about acting on shoddy dealership experiences.
AZhitmanId love to find a way to resolve this - but I have to do it witha great deal of tact. I get the feeling they are not too happy with me already for pointing out the greese marks; and the voice recon, sales guy (a very nice guy BTW) commented the other day, that I press the issue with the voice rec, that he could loose his job - and I hate to say it, but he is a nice guy, pretty smart, and I dont want it to come to that;

The service department; I will be speakign with them when I go back in, and after I book my service visit for the "Auto Upper vent" repair I mentioned prior;

I've spoke to Infiniti customer service here, for the Canadian one any way, and they have not been helpfull on the Voice Rec issue. They said I have to address it with the dealer, and it was something I should ask the Software supplier for, and they said it was infiiti issue - they dont actualy do any voice rec software for the car... I got the finger pointing back and forth..

I think I have to deal with this issue locally for now; and see what happens. Since its the ONLY dealership in my area (and we have about 1 million people, no small town) - I have to find a way to ensure I at least get things fixed on my next trip without being in the "black book".

Thanks for the offer. I'll followup in this thread after a few weeks and let you know what happens...tk

tkeskic

szhosain wrote:Ouch!

That is really sad! Very unusual for an Infiniti dealer. Please definitely call Infiniti Corporate and speak to them ... they will listen and help.

Z
Sad, yes... however I dont have many choices...I'll talk to the the mangers here first. Give them a chance... I too am very surprised... and I hope its the last of the issues...

Interesting note, today I got my 60 day letter, and it offered to extend my warranty, and do the protection package. Sure would be nice if they knew I purchased that already!

I also got my special extended tire warranty letter a few days ago, and they offered me a lotto ticket with some "scratch only five monkeys and you could win" promo cards, that literally looks like one of those condo/time share scams that everyone wins, just so you call and they try to sell you a condo... (I'm amazed I tell you...)

Thanks for your support - I'll update after my next visit...tk

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Wow. That's pretty tacky.

Seems they're spoiled, being the only game i town.

mazz
Car: 2013 M37x Advance, Tech Touring and Premium, Black with Stone Interior

i have a m35 with 9000 miles and dealer is ordering new rails for drivers seat i felt a little rocking there as wellalso if no one warned you voice regonition and nav would not work in Canada that salesman should lose his job that is not your faultfactory will stand behind you on these matters there is alot of money spent on this and you have every right to expect the features you paid for to work.Mazz

tkeskic

MAZZ;You would think this is true, but I hate to tell you that Infinti doesnt give a ****. I spoke to them, and they said - take it up with the dealer. Dealer said, we are sorry there is nothing we can do about; Call Infiniti.

I also called Zenrin, as they supply the GPS data etc for the for NAV, and they said, its an infiniti thing;

Just like when I purchased GM cars, Infiniti is not much better - The only diff , is I paid twice as much for the car, and I still have "sucker" stamped on my head for some reason. I'm convinced that Infiniti is no better than the average, despite it intents, and the "average" experance of its users - a business can only truly be rated on how it deals with its problems.

I'm getting that "its someone elses problem" - over and over again for two months...tk

Modified by tkeskic at 11:38 PM 12/19/2005
Modified by tkeskic at 11:39 PM 12/19/2005

tkeskic

I few updates;The seat still moves back and forth (more than even before) and Infiniti "we dont care about customers" line is no help, there is no known issues in Canada or the USA, and its the dealers to deal with.

The dealer says, its on all of our cars, so its normal, if we fix this we will not get paid for it by Infiniti.

The car's dash after the wood trim kit was replaced makes more noise than my 3 year old GM Buick Regal GS.

I've got a Infiniti case number, and tend to go after the seat issue, but I have no hope - I'm learning that while I spent way more money - I've been told that my expecations are too high and not even BMW or Mercedes are immune to this issues, and I'm lucky as Inifini has less of them.

I'm pretty happy with the car, if I was to lower my expecations to that which I should have when buying a Buick for half the price... The little issues, and how they are dealing with them is getting under my skin.

I'm going to call the "we dont care" line again, and see if some new answers, who hasnt been tainted by the same "dont care" fairy that seems to have made it rounds at Infinti Canada.

tk

Modified by tkeskic at 11:37 PM 12/19/2005
Modified by tkeskic at 11:40 PM 12/19/2005

tkeskic

AZhitman wrote:I'd be HAPPY to share your story with Corporate (from my address) and provide them with your contact info.
If you think it would help, I'd like to take you up on your offer....

Thanks in advance tk

GSEREP1
Car: LEXUS GS400

This is ridiculous. You are scaring me on Infiniti service BEFORE I buy my new car. I am a Lexus owner presently, and I experience MUCH better service concern than this, even on a 5 year old car. SAY IT AIN'T SO!
Modified by GSEREP1 at 9:47 AM 12/28/2005

tkeskic

GSEREP1 wrote:This is ridiculous. You are scaring me on Infiniti service BEFORE I buy my new car. I am a Lexus owner presently, and I experience MUCH better service concern than this, even on a 5 year old car. SAY IT AIN'T SO!
Well, I think that because in my town of a million people the one Infiniti Dealer has had there way - there is no choices for any other place to buy or get service unless you want the three hour drive each way to the next dealer (which is hard to do when the car doesnt run...)

I called infiniti and they are trying to find someone to start another dealership here - I guess all you need is a little cash to build and buy some stock; and my guess is you could make a killing simply by turning on the "premium car charm" in this market.

We are a oil & gas city (like houston) and people here have money, and dont mind spending it. Even in our winters, seeing 100K sports cars is common place...

I think that in most area's you will not see this type of poor service. Also Infiniti Canada is run as a seperate corporation with sales that are next to nothing compared to other markets.

With that said, the service I got on my last call (to infiniti corporate) was exceptional. It seems the best response comes from opening a case number - if thats not done, the service seems to drop.

I would suggest that where there is competition there is going to be better service.

I have not heard of any other complaints of this nature on any forum I visit, and I do belive its limited to my area of the country (ie, this dealer).

I'm trying to patch things up between me and them at this point - and I will see how it goes they keep calling me for my opnion on the last service call, but I thought it was a little rude to call three times during Christmas holidays for that, so I will respond when I'm back to work in Jan 2006;

I would not shy away from buying this car again, but I would next time visit this forum, and others for at least a few months before making the plunge next time.

I read this forum for about 2 weeks before I made a buy decision, but as I found out later most people are in the honeymoon glow with their cars, until they have had it for some time. I've also been told I have very demanding expecations, which I dont think is a bad thing, its not like I was getting the car for 50% off. I expect to have what was sold to me. The sales guy was great - but at the end of the day they are powerless when it comes to service.

Research is the key, spend the time you feel you need to before you buy something. I spent a more than 2 months looking at Audio, Benze, Cadi's and the BMW - this was the best value car out there. and I would buy it again. With all its quirks (seat sliding, heated seats are very poor, bad dealer options and some interior panel noises), its a good car... I think the local dealer in my case was not as educated as I would have liked, but left me with the impression they were. I guess you just dont know what you dont know...

Good luck with your decision, hopefully it leads you to your new M, its very likly your experance with the dealer would be better than mine (not that this would be too hard to improve on!)tk

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

It's what's sad in today's age. If be based our decisions based on the quality of service after the purchase, what would be buy. Service in all industries seems to be headed downward.

Are there no Lexus, MB, BMW or Audi dealers around that Infiniti place? Any word on their service quality?

It's just amazing that we pay $80+/hr for work at these places and they just seem to return the cars with newer problems. Sad, Sad and SAD!

tkeskic

I have a few friend with BMW's and MB specificaly and they have no complaints; However there is at least 3 dealers for BMW and another 3 for benz;

Acura seems to be fine also; they only have two of these dealers;

We are by no means a small city, there is probaly another 15 to 20 GM/Dodge/Ford Dealers here, not to mention Jag, Nissan, Kia, Toyota and a number of others...

We have tons of car dealerships, for some reason just one infiniti... (and several Nissan's)

We had the same type of problems with Acura here when they only had the only dealership...

tk

Kookla

I have an M35x with about 4500 miles. Last 3 cars were 2 Acura's and MB CLK. I have a "creaking" sound when you turn the wheel at very low speed (0-10 mph). Does not always occur. Found Service Bulletin for 2003 FX with exactly same characteristics. Gave it to Infiniti service rep. They couldn't replicate the sound in shop and did nothing. Then took mechanic on ride and he heard it.Did nothing!!

Very embarassing to have someone in car and hear the creak after they know you've paid dearly for the car.

In short, they are not inclined to listen (or believe) their customers in my humble opinion.

wingFeather
Car: Current: 05 G35 Coupe. Previous: M35, M35 Sport, cube, J30, s13 sr20det, s13 rb20det, s14 zenki

tkeskic, I feel Your pain! My interior was scratched up by the dealer while they tried to fix damage they did on the last visit (trying to repair a warranty issue).

wingFeather
Car: Current: 05 G35 Coupe. Previous: M35, M35 Sport, cube, J30, s13 sr20det, s13 rb20det, s14 zenki

tkeskic wrote:I think that because in my town of a million people the one Infiniti Dealer has had there way
Sorry to be a dark cloud here... but the dealer which damaged my new M twice is located in the L.A. area, with plenty of competition.
tkeskic wrote:We have tons of car dealerships, for some reason just one infiniti.

Modified by wingFeather at 11:50 PM 1/3/2006
Modified by wingFeather at 11:51 PM 1/3/2006

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

wingFeather wrote:tkeskic, I feel Your pain! My interior was scratched up by the dealer while they tried to fix damage they did on the last visit (trying to repair a warranty issue).
I've had the same thing happen on my 2004 FX35. Two times on warranty repair and I notice small marks on the dash or on rear door. I'm afraid for anything to happen on my new M45. Since it's a lease, they'll get it back in 36 months. But I'll have to keep some documentation on any marks they leave behind.

Did you take up the issue with corporate?

wingFeather

superjv1080 wrote:Did you take up the issue with corporate?
How do I do this? Call a 1-800 number? I've emailed the company before & they weren't very helpful... " take it up with your service manager."

tkeskic

wingFeather wrote:How do I do this? Call a 1-800 number? I've emailed the company before & they weren't very helpful... " take it up with your service manager."
I've gone through this also; get a case ID#, that seemed to make a differance for me.tk

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”