Fun at dealer..

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Today I brought my car in for a new EGR charcoal canister as my old one is broke.

1) I went to meet the GM and asked for permission to come in when the M45 shows up and take tons of pics of it.Of course he gave it:), I also gave him this URL so maybe he is reading this right now.

2) Just as I was leaving a G35 Coupe prototype showed up and I got to sit in it and start the engine.I wish I had had my camera with me then.Very sporty interior, a bit tight but good seat can't wait to drive a G35 someday.

3) I then got my loaner it was a 2k2 I35, silver an all to common color nowadays, but I really liked the charcoal leather interior, it was awesome gathered leather too.Also I think they changed the wheel from the I30, it seemed smaller and better weighed, looked a bit different "cooler" I think.

Great interior in the I35; roominess can easily compete with my older Q.

Fred....:)

Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

jealous, right here.

PalmerWMD

Hey Chris:

I am off today if you wanna meet and check out the 2k2 I35 hit me up.

Fred...:)

theTony
Car: umm.....Cars??

Hey Fred, let us know when the M45 comes in. I want to go up there and see it and maybe take some pics myself!

Mayhem_J30

what dealership are you going to? i've gotta spend this weekend cleaning up the tercel to get it ready to sell. I've gotta pull all those darn punk/ska stickers off of the bumper. Girls..geez :rolleyes

BIONICQ45

fred they gave you a loaner?? My local shop says that they (corporate) are cutting back on loaners (unless you are bringing a recently bought warrantied car in for service I guess). They said that they have to buy the loaners now instead of corporate giving them out (mileage is getting too high). I may have my facts mixed up or the guy explained it incorrectly. Anyway, they have a shuttle that will take you to work and come back and get you whenever you want. Once they shuttled me in a Navigator and the next time it was an Escalade. On my last trip I spent the ride virtually selling a Q45 to two old ladies sitting behind me. One drove a g20 and the other had an I30, both were looking to upgrade within the Infiniti community. I think its dumb to shuttle potential buyers around in Lincolns and Cadillacs. Let them see your product. Atleast have a Qx4 to shuttle (there are only 3-4 people being shuttled). Not having a loaner is a crazy thing to do.

Mayhem_J30

thanks for asking about the I35 fred, I'll just assume it's a lot like the new maxima.BTW, this might sound dumb, but what is an EGR charcoal canister?

Heavy-23

darn guys, is louisville like infiniti mecca or something. it seems like everyone on this board is from louisville. not only am i one of the few here in savannah, but no dealership either. you guys sound like you're havin all the fun!

fred, i'm jealous...you sound like you are havin quite a time!

PalmerWMD

TonyVQ wrote:Hey Fred, let us know when the M45 comes in. I want to go up there and see it and maybe take some pics myself!

Yes, I had a feling you might be up for that...;)

Let's go together and use your digital take tons of pics, and post the best dozen or so here.

Mayhem_J30

Heavy-23 wrote:darn guys, is louisville like infiniti mecca or something. it seems like everyone on this board is from louisville. not only am i one of the few here in savannah, but no dealership either. you guys sound like you're havin all the fun!

fred, i'm jealous...you sound like you are havin quite a time!

it used not to be like this alan. but with the changing over to the new site i started informing the local nissan crowd to get involved with NICO and from there it just exploded. with the help of fred getting things going we've really accomplished something and have a nice size crowd of die hards!

PalmerWMD

They said they'll call me when the M45 comes in.On or about the 1st of November.

PalmerWMD

Mayhem_J30 wrote:what dealership are you going to? i've gotta spend this weekend cleaning up the tercel to get it ready to sell. I've gotta pull all those darn punk/ska stickers off of the bumper. Girls..geez :rolleyes

This is Sam Swope Infiniti I went to today, am getting to know the guys there a little bit.

Good luck with the cleaning job and have fun checking our Heavy's car.

It would be a great addition to our meets.

PalmerWMD

Mayhem_J30 wrote:it used not to be like this alan. but with the changing over to the new site i started informing the local nissan crowd to get involved with NICO and from there it just exploded. with the help of fred getting things going we've really accomplished something and have a nice size crowd of die hards!

Yes we have good synergy.

PS: I will claim credit for the first of our recent string of meets though..:D

PalmerWMD

Bionic:

Technically it's alwasy been that only PPL within the first 5 years or so have a "right" to a loaner.

But in 6 years of Infiniti ownership among 3 differnt dealerships I have only once been denied a loaner.I had called ahead about it and asked them.

Even with my older cars I alwasy get one if I work with them a little anc call ahead to find out how tight their loaner schedule is that day.(knowing that as a non original owner of an out of warranmty car technically they dont have to give me one).

This method has worked for em so I always get a loaner.

I do agree that loaners help sell cars.

But they are expenisve for them and I am sure it takes just a couple of bad experiences for a dealer ( like a couple of customers in a row putting outtrageous miles on them) to stop the program.

Once I had a loaner for 3 days and put over 200miles on it :oface but it was for a $3600 job and I made sure I filled it up much higher than when I had gotten it.Between those two factors no eyebrows were raised.

PalmerWMD

Mayhem_J30 wrote:thanks for asking about the I35 fred, I'll just assume it's a lot like the new maxima.BTW, this might sound dumb, but what is an EGR charcoal canister?

For cars that have EGR (I think yours does too) there is a charcoal canister to take gas vapors from the throttle body during hiway driving and condense them to reuse as gas.Primarily ans emissions thing but when broken needs fixed as your tb might dirty up.

(I think).

Mayhem_J30

palmerwmd wrote:For cars that have EGR (I think yours does too) there is a charcoal canister to take gas vapors from the throttle body during hiway driving and condense them to reuse as gas.Primarily ans emissions thing but when broken needs fixed as your tb might dirty up.

(I think).

that must be 2 of the 3 extra hoses in the intake piping right before the TB's. I always wondered what those were.

theTony
Car: umm.....Cars??

palmerwmd wrote:They said they'll call me when the M45 comes in.On or about the 1st of November.

That will be awesome. I can't wait to see it in person!

Q45tech
Car: 1990 Q45 342,400 miles 22 years ownership with original engine
1995 G20t 5 speed 334,000 miles 16" 2002 wheels - 205/50/16 Sr20ve vvl

The vapor canister absorbs the excess pressure from the gas tank [especially in summer heat] and feeds it into the intake to be burned instead of venting to atmosphere causing smog........it is added at cruise rpm to help mileage a tiny bit.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

For older, non-warranty cars, Frontier Infiniti in San Jose no longer gives loaners for "quick service" things.

One time, the front desk appointment person tried to give me that line, and I pointed out that I had specifically arranged for a loaner with the service rep and was not going to wait - even though it was just an oil change. She gave me the loaner without too much protest.

Of course, they have also tacked on a $5 service fee for the loaners - for extended service items, of course - whenever I go in. Not a bad amount (since it is a lot less than having to rent a car for the day - like I do with my wife's Acura). But I kinda feel that it is a bit of a "nickel-and-dime" hit and a minor irritation. Given the high cost of all the work, surely the $5 does not make a difference to revenue, and I am sure that there are other people who have the same "minor irritation" reaction I have!

Z

PalmerWMD

I always really enjoy a new loaner.Given that tend to run into a lot of PPL and wax on about the great 'Fin this is a lot of advertisement.

Return to “General Chat”