Full Bolt On HP?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
SeveLampley
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35-k23 silver, 5 stage paint correction, 2 ceramic coats, full bolt on, uprev tuned, d&s rotors, hawks hs1 pads, dot 5.1 steel lines

Ok, so i just purchased the remaining mods for my 2007 M35 Base RWD They are As Follows(If It has an @ in front of it ive already put it on)
---Engine Mods---
@-Uprev Tuner Package
@-Dual x-pipe exhaust with resonator delete and flow master mufflers
@-Resonated Test Pipes
-Exhaust Headers
@-Cold Air Intake(Not the ingen but bought some extra piping so yes its getting colder air)
-Throttle Body Spacer
-Blox 5/8th's plenum spacer (5/8ths bc the m has enough hood clearance/no strut brace to run the 5/8th over 5/16ths)
-Ported and polished intake(From the upper plenum all the way into the intake headers)
@-1 Step Cooler Plugs
---Other---
@-Federal 595 SS Tires All around(Perfect tires for these, grippy enough to launch, loose enough to slide it, dirt cheap too)
@-Hawk HPS Stage 2 Pads, steel braided lines, drilled And slotted rotors, DOT 5.1 brake fluid
@-Oil Catch Can(MUST HAVE for vq's i get probably 1/4 quart of oil every 4.5k miles)
@-10w-30 mobil1 full synthetic oil with 1 quart of lucas synth oil additive and roughly 8 Oz. of No Smoke oil additive; Changed every 4500 miles with a K&N HP1008 oil filter (The one with the welded nut, can torque it to exact spec as to not damage that GD oil cooler gasket)

I plan on building a VQ for this car in the next year with Crower Rods/pistons and putting a medium-sized turbo on it, shoot for 550 reliable horsepower, but until then shes full bolt on
So with the mods I have Now/on their way, Im gonna tune the car on 91, 93, and 100 octane(Vq's have 10.1:1 compression ratio so we can still see benefits, however small, up too 100 octane or so)

So i guess my question is has anyone dyno tuned with similar mods and if so whats the max HP Ya got on it

I know the VQ35de in the G35 *Might* get close to 300 at the wheels with those mods, I was Wondering if the VQ35de in the M35 got a slight boost in power, especially being that there is an extra Exhaust cam phasing for the M35 in Uprev that the G35, to my knowledge, doesnt get.

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

SeveLampley wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:59 am
Why you going and copying my exhaust huh? :squint:

lol. j/k. Sounds like a lot of fun stuff on the car.
My big engine is off the car still and I have just a stock engine with similar bolt ons as you. I still have my differential on the car though so the HP reading will be way off of any other cars. I believe last I remember, it was doing something like 210 wheel HP and 350 wheel torque. So if I had the original gearing that would probably be like 280-290 whp, which is about what it is supposed to be rated for at the crank.

Good luck with the turbo. Be sure and post a thread on it when you are putting it on the car. Very few people here have done FI with these cars.

SeveLampley
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35-k23 silver, 5 stage paint correction, 2 ceramic coats, full bolt on, uprev tuned, d&s rotors, hawks hs1 pads, dot 5.1 steel lines

EniGmA1987 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:37 am
SeveLampley wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:59 am
Why you going and copying my exhaust huh? :squint:

lol. j/k. Sounds like a lot of fun stuff on the car.
My big engine is off the car still and I have just a stock engine with similar bolt ons as you. I still have my differential on the car though so the HP reading will be way off of any other cars. I believe last I remember, it was doing something like 210 wheel HP and 350 wheel torque. So if I had the original gearing that would probably be like 280-290 whp, which is about what it is supposed to be rated for at the crank.

Good luck with the turbo. Be sure and post a thread on it when you are putting it on the car. Very few people here have done FI with these cars.
Yea I will post a thread for it, probably schematics and very detailed part list, as I plan on piecing together and fabricating everything from scratch/common piping/flanges and stuff you can find on ebay cheap, obviously theres no way around getting an upgraded maf, as far as the turbo goes ill probably end up going with a single Toyota CT26 from the MK3 Supra Bc those things spool quick and are dang near bullet proof. As for people not going FI in these it completely amazes me, the engine bay is so big and its not like a g35 sedan is much lighter than these, at least not light enough to justify the tiny engine bay, I cant wait to blow the doors off hardened sports cars in a giant silver luxury sedan with my cooled seats on :dblthumb:

cruzad3r
Car: 2006 M35x fully loaded

Steve, where are you located? Also, what is your power goal and how much are you thinking about investing?

SeveLampley

cruzad3r wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:17 am
Steve, where are you located? Also, what is your power goal and how much are you thinking about investing?
Central IL, shooting for 550 reliably and everything built to handle 700 horse. I got about 3k to put in the motor, then 2.5k for the trans, and what ever the hell else can’t handle the 550 horse will get replaced when it breaks

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

SeveLampley wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:10 pm
cruzad3r wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:17 am
Central IL, shooting for 550 reliably and everything built to handle 700 horse. I got about 3k to put in the motor, then 2.5k for the trans, and what ever the hell else can’t handle the 550 horse will get replaced when it breaks
Alto makes the only "stock" kit of upgraded clutch packs
https://www.altousa.com/docs/catalogs/A ... atalog.pdf
You will probably want to just do a complete rebuild kit, and go with the upgraded steel clutch packs with the rebuild. Also for torque converter with higher lockup speed and stronger clutch packs, Edge Racing is your best bet for upgrading that part for the higher performance build.
Stay away from Level 10. They have bad build quality and do not use the high end parts they are supposed to.
Import Performance Trans (IPT on forums when you are searching for stuff) is also a somewhat well known name. Some people say they are great, others say they ended up with Level10 quality. I would just stick with Alto for the inner transmission stuff as you can see exactly what parts you are getting.. Edge or IPT for the converter would probably be fine. Well, also I dont think you can even afford to go with anything else but the Alto on a 2.5k budget, and even at that you would probably have to do all the work yourself on rebuilding the trans.

Unless you plan to do a manual swap into the car, then everything above is irrelevant.

SeveLampley

EniGmA1987 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:02 am
SeveLampley wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:10 pm

Alto makes the only "stock" kit of upgraded clutch packs
https://www.altousa.com/docs/catalogs/A ... atalog.pdf
You will probably want to just do a complete rebuild kit, and go with the upgraded steel clutch packs with the rebuild. Also for torque converter with higher lockup speed and stronger clutch packs, Edge Racing is your best bet for upgrading that part for the higher performance build.
Stay away from Level 10. They have bad build quality and do not use the high end parts they are supposed to.
Import Performance Trans (IPT on forums when you are searching for stuff) is also a somewhat well known name. Some people say they are great, others say they ended up with Level10 quality. I would just stick with Alto for the inner transmission stuff as you can see exactly what parts you are getting.. Edge or IPT for the converter would probably be fine. Well, also I dont think you can even afford to go with anything else but the Alto on a 2.5k budget, and even at that you would probably have to do all the work yourself on rebuilding the trans.

Unless you plan to do a manual swap into the car, then everything above is irrelevant.
Yea I planned on doing it myself, I know worst case I can find one already built for like 3.5k ig I gotta decide if putting it together is worth a grand to me, all this is still at least 6 months away so I got time to try to snipe one off someone who’s selling it

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”