Fuel tank

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
myRed240
Car: '95 Nissan 240SX with a KA-T!
'07 Audi A3 2.0T DSG
'11 G37S Sedan

Does anyone know what it costs for a new fuel tank for a 2002 Maxima SE? :help We suffered a puncture last year on a trip to Laughlin, plugged it, but this year on our trip to Vegas the tank began leaking and it's time to replace it.

Thanks!Alex

SCOTTDW

A vey rare request...Who would know that? How many guys have replaced the fuel tank on there new cars in the last year? 100 per cent nobody?

Scott99I30T

myRed240
'07 Audi A3 2.0T DSG
'11 G37S Sedan

Yeah thanks for that info(?)...I am aware that not everyone knows what the roads to Vegas or Laughlin(from San Diego) are like. When you are travelling apprx 80mph on a one lane highway and a huge metal object(6-7ft in length) is on the left side of your lane, with nothing but a loose dirt/gravel shoulder, it's a tough decision to make in a new car...swerve madly to the right and risk losing control in the gravel, or try to swerve and hope that the object passes underneath safely.Needless to say, I attempted to swerve so the object would pass safely underneath. However, I hit with the front left and it bounced up and puntured the tank. Believe me, it was painful to hear and see, and it really sucked sitting in the desert for 4 hours while we waited for a tow truck...I don't expect 100 responses saying "Yeah I had that happen to me and this is how much it costs..." I was only hoping someone could give me an estimate for repair. SO, if you have an answer great! If not, then I don't need to hear worthless comments. Thanks!!

theTony
Car: umm.....Cars??

Just curious, would that be covered under warranty?

myRed240
'07 Audi A3 2.0T DSG
'11 G37S Sedan

Hmm, that would be nice. I don't think it is, but if anyone knows for sure-pleease let me know! Thanks!

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

No it wouldn;t be covered under warranty as its no manufacturing defect..:(

Why dont u post this in our mechanic forum as well?

Fred...:)

nismo1989
Car: Team NIO

palmerwmd wrote:No it wouldn;t be covered under warranty as its no manufacturing defect..:(

Why dont u post this in our mechanic forum as well?

Fred...:)

Go to a junkyard, man. There are already tons of 5th gens in junkyards everywhere (at least that I've seen), and the gas tank is usually not something that is damaged or needs replaced... so chances are if you find a 5th gen you've found your replacement tank! I'm sure you could probably swap a gas tank blindfolded in the dark on jackstands in a parking lot anyway... so go for it! lol Good luck!

Shayne I30

It is not a warranty issue, but the repair may be covered by your insurance. Sounds like a comprehensive claim, if it costs more than your deductible and less than $1000, you may want to file a claim. If greater than $1000 (or whatever amount your insurance company sets as a floor to increase your premiums), you may be better served replacing it on your own. Good Luck!

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”